The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this Watson Les Paul copy since new but never liked the stock pickups.
One day I had my local luthier slap in a pair of PRS Series VII humbuckers in it. It was OK for harder rock but that was all.. :mad:
I finally gave 'em the green light to install a new pair of Genuine Gibson BurstBucker Pro's..in a word.. Drool
Amazing! Skynyrd never sounded so good with this set-up!!

So get a decent copy of your dream Gibby..then install the correct pickups for a 90% knock-off that will paint a smile on your face! :food-smiley-004: :rockon:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too have a "More or Less Paul"

It's an 80's Aria LP copy which I dropped a set of Gibson pickups into (a friend was putting P-90s into his SG so I scored his stock pups). I also had the guts ripped out, getting rid of the cheap green circuit board and had it wired up like a true Gibson.

I know, it's not the real deal, but in my basement it does the trick. Especially since I prefer my teles (HWY 1, 72 Thinline RI) and even my 80's Squier Strat (with 2005 Fender USA guts).

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I picked up a dirt cheap Epi Les Paul in fantastic condition it sounded pretty generic as I expected. I gutted it and replaced the electronics with 100% Gibson parts that I got of Ebay which included nickel covered burtbuckers. Only the bridge and tuners are still Epi. Sounds fantastic now! In total, the entire guitar cost me about $400.

:rockon:

·
Premium Member
16,783 Posts
i own a gibson, and dont really try to get "gibson" tones out of it... i just get it to sound how i want :D lol.

but i DO want another LP as a backup/alternate tuning item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts