The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a Gibson Les Paul Monster Energy guitar that he wants to sell. He had it for a couple of years and he could use extra money right now but he's out of the country, so he asked me to help him sell it. How much do you think it's worth? More, because it is a "collectable" piece, who was made in limited edition? Less, because it has a giant Monster sign on it? I normally sell things on local ads, but I suppose an instrument like this would have a better chance on Ebay, right? By the way, it's not a paint job, it's a decal, so I suppose someone could easily take it off . The model # is LPCGEBCHI (I think) and the serial # starts with 115810***.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I don't there are many (more like any) collectors looking to pay top dollar for one of those. If the decal is removable, I would mention that in the very first line of the ad and ask the same price as a LP Standard with a similar top.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
Not valuable except as an instrument that can make guitar noises like others but with tacky sponsorship labels. Quite devalued from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Epiphone also made a version, make sure of what you have. Easy to tell them apart at a glance, the Epi has no binding neck or body, or block markers on the neck. The Gibson is supposedly a Traditional, not a Standard. And from what I can see on google images, that's no sticker - that's a full on (probably screen printed then lacquered over) custom finish. Not going to get any premium for it, likely the opposite, that it will be a tough sell unless priced very right.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I can't imagine there's too many of these out there. Even though it has branding on it, I imagine the appeal is there to someone. I'd say 1300 would be a fair asking price if it plays well.

Embarrassing. Worth way less if you are a guitar player, may be worth more if you collect american corporate douchebaggery.
Ironic that your post shows the most "douchebaggery" here.

P

·
0 Posts
Ironic that your post shows the most "douchebaggery" here.
Did you take your head out of your ass just to say that? I am pleased I insulted you, your favorite guitar and power drink all in one basic sentence. There is an old saying: "Sentences are good to draw stupid heads out of asses." Your head ass removal has shown this to be true. Just put your head back and you won't feel as butt-hurt.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Pretty sure there is a JaegerMeister guitar kicking around looking for a friend as well.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
A friend has a Gibson Les Paul Monster Energy guitar that he wants to sell. He had it for a couple of years and he could use extra money right now but he's out of the country, so he asked me to help him sell it. How much do you think it's worth? More, because it is a "collectable" piece, who was made in limited edition? Less, because it has a giant Monster sign on it? I normally sell things on local ads, but I suppose an instrument like this would have a better chance on Ebay, right? By the way, it's not a paint job, it's a decal, so I suppose someone could easily take it off . The model # is LPCGEBCHI (I think) and the serial # starts with 115810***.

Thanks!
Hi, IMO, is it’s in good condition,(9/10, minor play scratching, no dents or paint chips) and original hard case, you could get about the same as a used Studio edition (about$650-700)
It doesn’t look like the decal comes off from the photos you have.
I mean if if your friend got it for free, then, yay! Easy cash.
If they paid for it, then it’s going to be at a loss.
Really not something I would buy.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
—————double post————

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Refin then flip it; might actually be worth more. If you're lucky you might be able to get away with refinning just the top of the body. Just be honest about the refin.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts