The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking back, I should have snapped up the matching SG Menace that was up for $800 a few days ago.
Where else are you going to get a guitar with brass knuckle inlays?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I saw this yesterday but thought the exact same thing. Also did not look to see how aggressive the pricing was.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want to advertise it here and just put “pick up or ship from Ottawa”...

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posted this thread around midnight last night. Saw the reply from @keto shortly after, PM’d him right away and got the go-ahead.

Messaged the seller but didn’t hold out much hope because the ad had 122 views in under 4 hours. Surprise! He replied immediately. Wound up messaging back and forth until about 1:30 am making arrangements.

Went and checked it out at 9:30 this morning. Dude had around 30 replies including a bunch from out of town, asking to ship. Bought it, brought it home, cleaned it up.

Turns out the box I had was a couple inches too small. The only L&M with a Les Paul box was across town so off I went. That’s okay, I had to get bubble wrap anyway...

Finally got it boxed up, settled up with Keto (don’t worry, he rewarded me for my efforts), and dropped it off at the post office about an hour ago.

Couldn’t resist taking some photos for the few hours I “owned” it.

Gotta love the tattoo Gibson logo and “fist” inlay

The frets are brass/gold coloured

Besides the “scoops” on the top, it has them going around the sides as well

BTW, it felt really light. Weighed in at 7lbs3oz.

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
Awesome way to do a solid, @2manyGuitars!
"BTW, it felt really light. Weighed in at 7lbs3oz. "
now that is interesting.

This guitar is so unique.
I dont know if its so macho in an ironic way, or what...but it reminds me of the Chuck Norris memes crossed with Ed Hardy with a Stan Lee/Wolverine treatment. Yet it works!
I would never stop playing at the 5th fret.
Enjoy it in good health!

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome way to do a solid, @2manyGuitars!
"BTW, it felt really light. Weighed in at 7lbs3oz. "
now that is interesting.

This guitar is so unique.
I dont know if its so macho in an ironic way, or what...but it reminds me of the Chuck Norris memes crossed with Ed Hardy with a Stan Lee/Wolverine treatment. Yet it works!
I would never stop playing at the 5th fret.
Enjoy it in good health!
What you call doing a solid, some might call enabling.

To be honest, it’s actually a much cooler guitar in person. Not so much “bad ass” but more of a minimalist thing. Other than the logo and inlay (which aren’t that noticeable from a distance), it’s just a bare bones, black guitar with no frills. And I really like the look of the details around the edge. Again, it looked quite different in person.

It played great and I never realized how much different it felt to hold a lightweight Les Paul. I’m kinda glad Keto bought it because I might have been tempted to keep it.

Reactions: Diablo

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
Happy birthday @keto !

I didnt realize they used different fretwire on these ones. A forum pal in Seattle does guitar work and refretted one of his ibby's with gold EVO.

Reactions: keto

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I said, it was a pretty cool guitar that I’m going to have to keep an eye out for from now on.

“Next-morning-hangover” remorse aside, I think @keto is going to enjoy it once he gets it into his grubby mitts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts