The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored one of these guitars. Read some great reviews, and their price tag is surprisingly low for older Gibsons.

Can't wait to hear how it sounds!

:rockon2:

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Unusual choice, but a good one. I don't think there is a much of a collectors market for the L6's, thus the price. I've played 2 or 3 over the years, all in the blonde finish. They played well, and sounded very good indeed.

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
The L6S is my favourite Gibson electric after the SG. Santana used one for a while, and I believe that's why I first took notice of them. In some ways it's not unlike the Godin LG...two humbuckers, master volume...

Cool axe. Congratulations!

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
The one Santana played was somewhat different it had a rotary type switch and a stop tailpiece and Bill lawrence pickups-it was the L6S. The model pictured here is a L6X deluxe with thru body stringining and some of which came with a bolt on neck. The 2 are similar in nomenclature and often get confused by buyers,

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Need Pics

Minimum word count

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got the guitar a few days ago and I like it. The bridge pickup is a bit more strat like that Les Paul, and the bridge pickup sounds great clean and not muddy with high gain. Just smooth and phat. I also love the 24 frets! The neck is a bit shorter than an SG, but it's not bad to play up high. This is apparently Gibson's first guitar with 24 frets.

If you can find this guitar for $300-500 I'd suggest you grab it. For a '70-80 well playing Gibson guitar there's no doubt the prices will go up when some rock star is seen playing one (like Sunn Model T's).

Does anyone know what the pickups look like without the plastic covers? I don't feel like fiddleing with it if it's gonna be fugly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts