·
Registered
788 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Let's see what everyone has...

I'll start.

R8

[/QUOTE

This is my next guitar, that finnish or a faded cherry, and It will have to used, I can't afford a new one.

Is the neck fatter than your PRS W/F ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry guys, no pics, but I have a '54 Goldtop RI with a chambered body and the 60s slim neck. Sub-8 lbs. of total Tone. Apparently very few of these kicking around. Peter Faragher and the Tone whores did a shootout with it and some pretty cool competition, and it fared very favorably. Everybody else who has played it has asked to buy it. Guess it's a keeper...-Eric

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Always looking for a chance to post a picture:

my '01 '59 Reissue, an ex-Mick Ralphs (Mott the Hoople, Bad Company) guitar
8 lbs 12 oz, basically stock, Classic 57s, etc, but I did change to vintage Bees

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jroberts said:
I'm jonesing big time for a gold top with P90's. That R4 looks very sweet.
I got good and lucky on that one. L&M had got in 2 other ones over time and they weren't "The one". The 3rd one they got in for me was a gem 8.5lbs, which is real light for a goldtop nowadays. She has great resonance and sustain along with note definition/clarity.

Of course I took it to another level with a Pigtail tailpiece/studs and bushings. Add some Lollar P90s and she kicks some major butt.

Jeff

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beautiful guitars all:food-smiley-004:

I only have two production Gibsons and they are fairly new so I guess they dont qualify:tongue: I'll be looking into the new 60RI LP Special VOS. I passed one up this summer at a great price, but I had gotten an even better deal on my CS G&L so I had to go for it... but the P90 GAS is creeping up again:frown:

·
Premium Member
13,044 Posts
-TJ- said:
I'll be looking into the new 60RI LP Special VOS.
VOS LP Special, in TV Yellow?:eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts