The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yo.
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up this November 2008 #77/1000 Longhorn DC on whim. It was pretty strange to say the least, but hell has it been a great purchase.

Yeah sure, it has EMGs, but they aren't half bad. They actually sound pretty good with this guitar. It also come equipped with a Fishman piezo. Each individual saddle on the tune-o-matic has a pickup, and the 6 wires going back into the body are hidden underneath the bridge.

Most guitars I've played that had magnetic pickups and a piezo have one output. You'd need a stereo cable to really take advantage of blending the sounds, except this one has two outputs - obviously one for magnetic, one for piezo. I plugged the magnetic side into a Fender amp, the piezo side into a PA system and I was floored at how good it sounded. I love the flexibility of acoustic, electric, or both sounds. Also really helped that this is really resonant unplugged, and I was able to play (poorly) and record some quick guitar stuff for the lady friend to gush over so she wouldn't get mad at me for buying another guitar.

http://instagr.am/p/BbArMw4Dsdu/

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
The black EMG's and the gold hardware look good together.

Reactions: cheezyridr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts