The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gassing for an ES335 for a year now, but could never justify the price.
The body size has always been of concern as well.

Now Gibson has introduced the ES339 which is a hollowbody the size of a Les Paul. This is perfect, and the price from Musician's Friend is $1800.00! Looks like this guitar is in my future. :banana:

ES339 Video

·
Premium Member
17,602 Posts
Who shrunk my 335 !

After playing an ES335 copy for years, I think that everytime I reached for a 339 I would wonder if my wife hadn't shrunk my 335 in the laundry or something :eek: LOL

Nice looking guitars. I'm used to the size of the 335's, but my friends always comment on how big the 335 seems when they are playing it.

Hope you get your ES339. Let us know.

Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
i've heard....

i've heard that the cutaways are quite narrow and it can be difficult to reach the upper registers.

that was one reason i wanted a 335. my buddy has a '72-73 ES335 with a trapeze, and it's a dream, so easy to reach the 22nd fret comfortably. not like my les paul.

so if that's a concert of yours, maybe you should play one first before ordering them. otherwise you may endup paying a lot of $ in shipping.

G

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've heard that the cutaways are quite narrow and it can be difficult to reach the upper registers.

that was one reason i wanted a 335. my buddy has a '72-73 ES335 with a trapeze, and it's a dream, so easy to reach the 22nd fret comfortably. not like my les paul.

so if that's a concert of yours, maybe you should play one first before ordering them. otherwise you may endup paying a lot of $ in shipping.

G
Thanks for the heads up. When I look at the picture, I see what you mean.
Yeah, it's pretty important for me to have good access to the 22nd fret.
Oh well........looks like I'll have to get the 335 instead. :banana:

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Over on TGP, the thread on the 339 has turned into flaming MF because their warehouse system is still in a state of chaos after moving in July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts