The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these.

Made by Gibson USA but no longer in production. Mahogany body with P90 and Piezo on the biscuit.

Can't go play it. So are these guitars any good ?

The one tube clip that I found did not sound inspiring and then there's some positive written reviews along with others saying that Gibson builds crap guitars etc. and it's not good as a rezo or as an electric.

Generally not much info on the rezo sites and TGP. These were only made for a few years.

I was considering a similar National last year but it was more than 4 grand.

The Gibson came up used and I'm sorta wondering about it but can't really go try it out.

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
Didnt 12th fret just get 2 in stock similar to this?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
What about the Delta 6. Probably get to keep a big chunk of change in your pocket. Although its probably hard to track down.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the Delta 6. Probably get to keep a big chunk of change in your pocket. Although its probably hard to track down.
Yeah, there’s a few of them out there. Danelectro has one as well.

And what is a resonator but a few tin pieces with a neck and in this case a couple of pick ups attached to it so how good or how bad can any of them sound electrified. Although maybe I need to be talking to Steadly about that view of guitars .. lol

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
The one at the 12th Fret is a spider bridge. Very different sounding than the biscuit bridge example posted above.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The one at the 12th Fret is a spider bridge. Very different sounding than the biscuit bridge example posted above.
So it is. That’s the end of that then. Thanks for pointing that out.

When I was searching for information on them all the pics were biscuit cone and I convinced myself that the one at the 12th fret must be a biscuit as well but looking at it more closely now yeah you can see it’s a spider. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
So it is. That’s the end of that then. Thanks for pointing that out.

When I was searching for information on them all the pics were biscuit cone and I convinced myself that the one at the 12th fret must be a biscuit as well but looking at it more closely now yeah you can see it’s a spider. Thanks again.
Funny, I’m the opposite.
I like the singing sustain of the spider bridge. To me, a biscuit resonator sounds like a guitar made out of an oil can, stuffed with gym socks.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Funny, I’m the opposite.
I like the singing sustain of the spider bridge. To me, a biscuit resonator sounds like a guitar made out of an oil can, stuffed with gym socks.
I think it depends what you're playing; I prefer the harder edge of the brass biscuit resonators.

What I was looking for on that Gibson/Dobro was something akin to a LP Jr but with a bit of rezo tone from a biscuit piezo and run it loud through a 57 Champ or maybe some other amp with a pedal or two if the Champ didn't do it. Looking for a menacing kinda sound to go with the songs that I write.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That was looking promising at $800.00 CDN but it has a 1&5/8 nut - WTF ... lol

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It remind me of the national resoelectric, which was the inspiration behind my ozark model.
About this time last year I was about to buy a National Revolver resolectric and when I called the locals to try and negotiate a price they didn't have one in stock even though it was on their website but they could order one. National had 5 or 6 month wait times then so I passed because I didn't know if I'd be alive in 6 months. Recently bought a Broadcaster, mixing board and a Neumann Mic so dropping 4.5 on the Revolver would not be a good idea right now even though that's the guitar that I actually want.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts

I do like the Delta 6s--but hard to find.
Eastwood also has tehFolkstar which is a biscuit cone.
The Delta 6 is a spider cone.

Reactions: fretzel and Wardo

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, but I’m laughing about it and probably for the best. They have a 48 hour return so will call me if it comes back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts