The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was a bit surprised to see a 2016 guitar still around for sale. Most retailers sell the old stock before putting out the new.

But maybe it's not so bad a price for those that like this model.

Stupid Deal of the Day | Musician's Friend

Gibson 2016 Les Paul Studio HP with Gold Hardware Electric Guitar Wine Red
The Les Paul Studio 2016 HP is the supercharged counterpart of the traditional Les Paul Studio, and introduces an advanced set of premium, high-performance features to the format, including a new and exclusive fast-access heel, developed specifically for the Gibson USA High Performance lineup, to allow unprecedented access to the high notes - which, combined with our new soloist neck width, provides the fastest and most comfortable Les Paul Studio neck you’ve ever played. Titanium metal for the saddles and the adjustable zero-fret nut delivers a bright, crisp tone, while being virtually indestructible and ensuring total, personalized control over the action. A pair of 490R and 498T humbuckers delivers true Gibson Les Paul tones, while genuine mother of pearl inlays add to the guitar’s premium level of quality.

Key performance features
Switch: Solid, positive feel with quiet operation
Bridge: Titanium saddles
Carrying case: High Performance Aluminum Hard Shell Case
Neck width: Soloist neck width
Inlays: Mother of pearl inlays
Pickups: 490R and 498T humbuckers
Jack: Gold plated multi contact jack
Neck heel: Fast-access heel
Nut: Titanium adjustable zero-fret nut
less
WAS: $1,849.00

SAVINGS: $500.00

$1,349.00 USD

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Better deal than that right here on this forum. If I needed another, I'd grab the one here for sure

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can find a Standard used for around $1800. I’d buy that over this.
I would buy a top of the line Agile for $500.00 or a custom one for no more than the $1800.00.

Reactions: BEACHBUM

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We know. You don’t like Gibsons.
Nope, not true. I don't like companies like Gibson. It doesn't matter what they produce.

I also couldn't see me spending close to $2009.00 on any guitar, no matter who makes it when I can get a custom for the same price. Unlike others, I don't care what's on the headstock and the resale value. I buy my guitars for me to play. So you are sadly mistaken.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Nope, not true. I don't like companies like Gibson. It doesn't matter what they produce.

I also couldn't see me spending close to $2009.00 on any guitar, no matter who makes it when I can get a custom for the same price. Unlike others, I don't care what's on the headstock and the resale value. I buy my guitars for me to play. So you are sadly mistaken.
Yep, you’re right. You always are.

·
Premium Member
11,867 Posts
I'd say you do. You go out of your way to find obscure brands so it's the same thing.
Of course he does. He just doesn't know it. He is a marketer's 'dream consumer' - massively influenced by marketing but doesn't think he is. His ilk are such easy pickings for those massive marketing machines out there.

I've owned a half dozen Gibsons, played well over 100 of them and played hundreds of gigs with them. High quality equipment used in a semi-professional environment, but I only buy them because of the name on the headstock?

Meanwhile, Steadly Utube has probably never owned a production line Agile, let alone one of his highly-touted custom shop instruments. He has certainly never played more than few, guaranteed. And probably never worked one in real world gigging environments, pounding on it night after night. Yet here he is, promoting them as the second coming of .... well, you know.

So who's being marketed to here? Who is absorbing (and then parroting) all of that media without ever really using the product? Who is only aware of the name on the headstock and has no real experience with the equipment, except what he's read or seen on youtube (i.e. marketing, right?)?

I hope to jeebus he knows a lot more about HVAC than he does about musical instruments or the music business. He surely can't be this misinformed and marketing fodder for something he makes a living at. Everyone should know something about at least one thing. I hope he has that one thing under his belt.

Reactions: Bubb
1 - 12 of 12 Posts