The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
L&M has a few 2015 Non Reverse Ltd Ed. Firebirds. These are not the wide neck rigs like other 2015s - they have a 1&11/16 nut.

The Gibson website does not show a Non Reverse FB for 2015 in their standard lineup unless I missed it.

However, there are lots of references on various sites to a Gibson USA Ltd. Ed. Non Reverse FB that was destined for the Japan market.

Does anyone know if all of the USA 2015 Ltd's were destined for Japan but some stayed to be sold here or did they do another run of them that was not the Japan spec.

I know some LPs were Japan destined and L&M got a few of them.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Same with some Flying Vs. It could be a number of things. My guess is they each have some sort of minor / insignificant flaw and were rejected by the Japanese distributor because they have a very nitpicky market over there.

L&M St. Kitts had a burst Flying V that I really liked the neck on. When I went back to buy it, it was gone.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Email from Gibson confirmed it’s Japan spec.

You might be right about the flaws. When I sighted down the neck it looked like it had a wave on one side.

Badly needed a set up but that’s no big deal. I passed on it because the neck looked like it might be slightly twisted.

Nice guitar otherwise but for the neck issue and when all’s said I kinda like the guitars that I have better so that’s that.

This one wasn’t bringing anything more than what I already have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts