The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I'm new to the forums. I recently bought a GFS dream 180 humbucker. I haven't been able to find any information on wiring Quikplug humbuckers other than the little peice of paper included with it. The information I need to wire it with my three way LP switch and typical pots is what to do with the white coil two wire. Now I would go ahead and solder it to ground but, the information I am given says "Ground (-) = Bridge Side Coil" if you know anything about how to wire GFS 4 wire in a humbucker format, please reply here. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,606 Posts
I'm thinking that you would solder the white and red together for a normal humbucker. Wait until others respond.

Do you have an electronics multimeter?

The other aspect that surprises me as that the diagrams show a 1/4 inch stereo plug. Typically it is mono.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there, I'm new to the forums. I recently bought a GFS dream 180 humbucker. I haven't been able to find any information on wiring Quikplug humbuckers other than the little peice of paper included with it. The information I need to wire it with my three way LP switch and typical pots is what to do with the white coil two wire. Now I would go ahead and solder it to ground but, the information I am given says "Ground (-) = Bridge Side Coil" if you know anything about how to wire GFS 4 wire in a humbucker format, please reply here. Thanks.

Hi S.T.

According to their diagrams in full hum mode you let the white wire float (I'd tape it off or shrink wrap the end).

Greco - they are using stereo plug to carry hot and ground into the pick up winds.

See link

LP Standard (click quick plug at the side once opened)

Hope that helps. Johnny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi S.T.

According to their diagrams in full hum mode you let the white wire float (I'd tape it off or shrink wrap the end).

Greco - they are using stereo plug to carry hot and ground into the pick up winds.

See link

LP Standard (click quick plug at the side once opened)

Hope that helps. Johnny
Thank you for linking that wiring diagram that helps a lot. That makes things a lot simpler going forward knowing that I don't have to modify anything or buy more parts.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Last time I did a Quikplug install, I got the prewired harness, so I didn’t have to solder the leads - I needed new pots anyways. It did come in handy when I decided to swap both pups; I just ordered replacements that had the same fitting from GFS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've always wanted to try it out, but I already have them all wired up.
Maybe, I'll try it too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts