The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Funny how some of those goofs felt they're the ones that were wronged. I also think he was too damn nice about it. Should've sent the footage to the cops. Or loaded it with dog shit.

P

·
0 Posts
Ahhh Haaa Haaah.

I wonder if the thieves are real, or if they are friends/actors.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Funny how some of those goofs felt they're the ones that were wronged. I also think he was too damn nice about it. Should've sent the footage to the cops. Or loaded it with dog shit.
I think loading it with rotten fish guts and related oils would be a great start. Spew that all over their car’s interior. The stench will never come out. Seems like fair punishment.
Yeah, far too nice. Another idea - presumably legal because the banks do it in satchels of stolen money - would be to blow up a very large bladder of indelible blue dye.

And yeah, showing the faces of the perpetrators and sending the videos to police seem like obvious parts of the plan. Is there some peculiarity of law in the U.S. that makes this storyteller fearful and avoiding the obvious?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
For those asking why he didn't send the footage to the cops (although he may have, he doesn't say) he did mention that the reason he decided to do this in the first place was because when it first happened and he went to the cops with security cam footage they said they didn't have time to investigate.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
For those asking why he didn't send the footage to the cops (although he may have, he doesn't say) he did mention that the reason he decided to do this in the first place was because when it first happened and he went to the cops with security cam footage they said they didn't have time to investigate.
Although I respect law enforcement, any time I have had something stolen, they have pretty much said "oh well".

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Ha! Ha! I showed this post and was going to start a thread but was too busy. Glad to see someone else did it. I thought it was hilarious. The smelly prop was ingenious so he would get his package back. I think he needs to come up with different packaging though, so thieve don't get used to this one and realize it's a fake.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
There's a bit of passive aggressiveness to it. Won't stop those thieves though. It;s crazy because there's a lot of people who have cameras in their houses nowadays. I think people should be allowed to post the videos with the faces of these lowlifes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cameras won't stop them. At the most, the cops might give you a case number, often by phone. If there is no property damage and no one was injured, they likely will talk to the vic on the phone.

Those bastards know the cops will do jack all about it. That is why they would nick the packages in broad daylight, even if they see there are cameras installed.

I once thought of installing cameras on the front and back doors of my house. The cops will come looking for your video footage for some other investigations. But for your stolen packages? Forget it. There is no point spending the money. It will only piss me off further if I get to watch who and how the package was stolen.

Instead, I signed up for Canada Post's FlexDelivery. The service is free, but the online seller must be able to deliver to a PO Box. Better spend a few minutes walking to my CP outlet to pick up the package, than losing it to some scumbag. I need the exercise anyway.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Cameras won't stop them. At the most, the cops might give you a case number, often by phone. If there is no property damage and no one was injured, they likely will talk to the vic on the phone.

Those bastards know the cops will do jack all about it. That is why they would nick the packages in broad daylight, even if they see there are cameras installed.

I once thought of installing cameras on the front and back doors of my house. The cops will come looking for your video footage for some other investigations. But for your stolen packages? Forget it. There is no point spending the money. It will only piss me off further if I get to watch who and how the package was stolen.

Instead, I signed up for Canada Post's FlexDelivery. The service is free, but the online seller must be able to deliver to a PO Box. Better spend a few minutes walking to my CP outlet to pick up the package, than losing it to some scumbag. I need the exercise anyway.
I don’t agree that cameras are not a deterrent. I think signage indicating the residence is under 24 hr surveilance makes it much more effective.

Mine records to a cloud. Thieves are lazy and are looking for easy targets. Given a choice between a house with video surveilance and one without they’ll always go fo the one without. But again, the cameras must be made known.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
There's a bit of passive aggressiveness to it. Won't stop those thieves though. It;s crazy because there's a lot of people who have cameras in their houses nowadays. I think people should be allowed to post the videos with the faces of these lowlifes.
You’re allowed. Facebook is full of clips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts