The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've finally got it under control.

I've been slowly selling stuff I don't use allot.

I've refrained from 3 acquisition urges recently. Not buying the Custom Shop 52' Tele took all my will power. :frown: Common sense is finally prevailing after a crazy 7 years.

Time to concentrate on the :rockon2:

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
I think I've finally got it under control.
Yes, of course you do. And the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be Careful

You have to be very careful and work very hard to safely bring yourself down from GAS without hurting yourself. Do not, under any circumstances, try to cut yourself off all at once. If you do this you are likely to have a severe relapse and will probably find yourself in worse condition than you previously were. It is the opinion of experts who've studied the GAS syndrome that, for a great many people, it is safer and less stressful to simply pretend there is no problem at all. Which, when you think of it, is really the case. Those who usually see a problem with people under GAS (wives, girlfriends,etc.) are usually the ones who try to institute some sort of control or direction. Studies have found that it is better for the GASee to keep knowlege of GAS "fixes" from being revealed to their signifigant others. Such as: "This old thing?":food-smiley-015:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've been gassing for an LP, but forgetabouit I dont need it, I've bought 3 guitars and 3 amps in the space of 7 month's....like the saying goes "less ebay, more Mel Bay. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baba Rumraisin said:
You have to be very careful and work very hard to safely bring yourself down from GAS without hurting yourself. Do not, under any circumstances, try to cut yourself off all at once. If you do this you are likely to have a severe relapse and will probably find yourself in worse condition than you previously were. It is the opinion of experts who've studied the GAS syndrome that, for a great many people, it is safer and less stressful to simply pretend there is no problem at all. Which, when you think of it, is really the case. Those who usually see a problem with people under GAS (wives, girlfriends,etc.) are usually the ones who try to institute some sort of control or direction. Studies have found that it is better for the GASee to keep knowlege of GAS "fixes" from being revealed to their signifigant others. Such as: "This old thing?":food-smiley-015:
Well you have real bad GAS when you don't have a significant other and you yourself know you have to quit. :eek:

·
Registered
546 Posts
SCREEM said:
I've been gassing for an LP, but forgetabouit I dont need it, I've bought 3 guitars and 3 amps in the space of 7 month's....like the saying goes "less ebay, more Mel Bay. :tongue:
You know you NEED it. Have you got at least one. If the answer is no then you know that you NEED at least ONE.

·
Registered
788 Posts
elindso said:
You know you NEED it. Have you got at least one. If the answer is no then you know that you NEED at least ONE.
Of course I need an LP just have to wait for the right time to sneek it in the collection, so the significant other doesn't beat me with a rolling pin. She's already gevin me the "all I ever see is the back of your head at the computer playing guitar these days" :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
SCREEM said:
. She's already gevin me the "all I ever see is the back of your head at the computer playing guitar these days" :rolleyes: :tongue:

And her point is ??
comments like this are comon but they still confuse the hec out of me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
SCREEM said:
Of course I need an LP just have to wait for the right time to sneek it in the collection, so the significant other doesn't beat me with a rolling pin. She's already gevin me the "all I ever see is the back of your head at the computer playing guitar these days" :rolleyes: :tongue:
I sort of hear that too.:rolleyes:

My daughter is playing now I gave her the Strat last year. She needs a new acoustic also. The Girl needs a Larivee I think.

I need a new Strat. A G&L would be nice, or if I sell something a Trussart would be really cool.

I'm working on it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
GTmaker said:
And her point is ??
comments like this are comon but they still confuse the hec out of me.
yeah....I dont get it either, she used to complain about me playing games on the net before I got back into guitar playing. I have been with her for 12 years and she does not have any hobbies that keep her entertained...just the way it is :tongue:

·
Registered
546 Posts
SCREEM said:
yeah....I dont get it either, she used to complain about me playing games on the net before I got back into guitar playing. I have been with her for 12 years and she does not have any hobbies that keep her entertained...just the way it is :tongue:
Her hobby is you.

That is a good hobby. Keep her entertained by playing music.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My wife has accepted the fact that there will always be a guitar with me and her. She has actually became quite supportive of the whole thing. She helps me with my disease.....hmmm no wonder I love her.. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
hmmm good point, but it sure is a good temporary cure. Notice I said temporary, I don't think it goes away....:D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have to stop looking at Faracaster's post in the for sale column!:rolleyes: What are you going to sell me next Pete?

·
Administrator
15,988 Posts
mario said:
I have to stop looking at Faracaster's post in the for sale column!:rolleyes: What are you going to sell me next Pete?
I'd be interested in hearing that 18watt clone. Maybe we could do an A/B when WildBill gets done with my Traynor :smile:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts