·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fill out?

Name:

Favourite Band(s):

Interests:

What do you play (Instrument, and genre)

Are you in a Band?

Do you study or work?

What got you into playing music?

Name:
Jonathan

Favourite Band:
The Human Abstract, As I Lay Dying, Emmure and more....

Interests:
Guitar, computer, video games, movies/tv

Guitar, and mostly metal (and all its sub-genres)

Are you in a Band?
Nope.

Do you study or work?
Im going to 10th grade and I'm unemployed

Well, i took piano lessons when i was 10 or so, and when i was around 13, my friends started playing guitar/bass.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Name: Bob

Location: Spencer, Massachusetts, USA. About 10 miles (or 16 km) west of Worcester, or 60 miles (100 km) west of Boston.

Favourite Band(s): All the old bands our generation grew up on, the usual suspects - Beatles, Stones, Who, Zep, Floyd, etc. Currently I'm really into Rush.

Interests: I like to play golf, surf the web, just lay there and pick bellybutton lint (that's what my wife would say).

What do you play (Instrument, and genre)? Guitar, keyboards, currently learning how to play bass. I'm really into blues these days.

Are you in a Band? No. My last band was so long ago that sometimes I wonder if any of my ex-bandmates are still alive!

Do you study or work? Work? I perfer to call it slavery!:frown:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Name: Erik, yes with a "k" like my hero Erik Estrada..you gotta love Ponch

Favourite Band(s): Not listing them all i'll be here all night. I'm currently listening to alot of RJD2 and Pink Floyd is always a recurring fave of mine

Interests: Reading, Hockey, Photography and other things and such

What do you play (Instrument, and genre): Main instrument is Bass but i also play guitar. Genre is probably a mash up of Rock,Ambient, Jazz, Prog, Funk, Punk, Electro...i usually just say music when people ask what i play.

Are you in a Band?: Not at the moment, looking to start a band back up however, anyone? :D

Do you study or work?: I guess you could call it work, but sometimes it just feels like killing time between paycheques

What got you into playing music? I needed something to occupy my time, a friend of mine played guitar and he let me borrow his acoustic and that was that. About 8 years later my friends needed a bass player for their band so i made the switch and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Name: Adam
Favourite Band(s): http://www.last.fm/user/adamthemute
Interests: Movies, reading, writing, music, hockey, comics
What do you play? Main thing is the guitar and drums. Played saxophone and upright bass in school, dabble on the harmonica and piano. I write post-rock, ambient, soundscapey stuff but I'm interested in playing almost anything if I like it.
Are you in a Band? Jam with friends, nothing serious yet.
Do you study or work? Work, will go back to school hopefully soon.
What got you into playing music? Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, SRV

·
Registered
35 Posts
Name: Seth

Favourite Band(s): Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Neil Young, The Who, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Eagles, John Mayer (Trio), Led Zeppelin.

Interests: Music, personal and interpersonal fitness, photography, dramatics, hockey .

Guitar, blues, rock, hard rock, blues rock, and the ocasional folk.
Are you in a Band?

Not right now

Do you study or work?

It is summer so I work as a counselor at a summer day camp.

My dad and my favourite bands.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Name: Guitaristz

Favourite Band(s): Andy Timmons, Joe Satriani, Petrucci, etc etc

Interests: Guitar

Guitar/Instrumental rock/blues/jazz

Are you in a Band?
Yes

Do you study or work?
Study and Work

I've always been deeply into music. Started piano lessons at a very early age, and decided to take guitar...just out of the blue really, and now I love playing guitar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Name:Charlie

Favourite Band(s):Gov't Mule, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Albert King, SRV, many many more.......................

Interests:Modding, repairing and building effects pedals. I also like to work on my own personal stash of tube amps too.

What do you play? Electric guitar primarily and some acoustic too when the mood strikes me. I'm basically a straight ahead rock/blues guitar player. I LOVE good gear, guitars, amps and pedals, I've gotten way more picky with the gear that I purchase and I've never had such good tone. Too bad that I'm stuck in the basement and no longer gigging!
:D

Are you in a Band? Nope. I was in a band about four years ago but I didn't really feel like it was a good fit and I've never had any luck finding anything else. Sadly, I guess that playing in a band just isn't in the cards for me. Who knows, maybe down the road things will change.

Do you study or work? I have a full time job as an electrician and that keeps me a little busier then I'd like. I'm on call every third week for 24/7 and when adding that to my family life, my music interests are pretty much just swept under the carpet, so to speak.

What got you into playing music? I started playing guitar at the age of sixteen and it was because I was totally nuts about the hard rock of that era, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Kiss, Deep Purple, etc.......

:rockon2:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Name: Paul

Favorite bands: Allman Bros, Jimi, Stevie, Led Zep,Jeff Beck,BB King,Buddy Guy, EC, JJ Cale, etc....

Interests: Playing music, modding/set up guitars, modding effects, fishing, outdoors stuff...

What do you play: Lately I've been using my Tokai LR Custom when gigging but when noodling there's the tele,strat,335,SG and a few others.

Are you in a band: Yea, I play regularily with four others. We are a Blues,Reggae,Classic Rock mix.

Do you study or work: At my age I hope it be work. I am a Industrial Electrician in the food industry.

What got you into playing music: Hmmm, I was 13 and I just kind of picked up the guitar and a mel bay chord book. When I was younger I used to look in the window of the local guitar store and wish....

·
Registered
737 Posts
Name: Michelle Scott

Favourite Band(s): Jimi, Who, Pikes, Big Sugar, Mahogany Rush, Guess Who/BTO/Bachmann - Cummings, Purple, Zep, Mountain, Cream/Clapton, Cactus, Budgie, AC/DC, Stones, Neil, Cooper, James Gang/Joe Walsh, Travers, Sabbath...

Interests: Music, electronics, gardening, home reno, auto.....

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) Bass, primarily 5-string, fool with guitar for my own entertainment, I love feedback. Classic/Heavy rock and I don't tell many folks this but I like what Disco did for bass :eek:

Are you in a Band? Yep, 'Nuff Rope

Do you study or work? Always studying something, work 'cause I have to

What got you into playing music? First live band I saw when I was 10, "Ruptured Duck Repair Service", the bass just overpowered me, then the old man said playing guitar was a stupid idea so I knew it was for me.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Name: david - don't call me "dave" :mad:

Favourite Band(s): anything good: from knopfler, white stripes, paul rodgers, world/latin music, zucherro, pavarotti, emmylou....

Interests: social change

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) guitar, electric mostly, as many genres as i can manage to absorb and incorporate

Are you in a Band? my own

Do you study or work? day job

What got you into playing music? radio in the 50s, then seeing others perform live, with fender guitars and amps, fender reverb, ampeg amps, echoplexes and volume pedals...sigh...

-dh

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Fill out?

Name: -Rick

Favourite Band(s): -There are sooooo many,...almost anything but mostly classic rock.

Interests: music, photography, fishin, outdoors...

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) -Guitar (acoustic), classic rock and almost any music

Are you in a Band? -No

Do you study or work? -Retired, ...will never stop studying!

What got you into playing music? -Family influence, general love of music

·
Registered
128 Posts
Name: Aaron -or- Aroko

Favourite Band(s): Melt Banana, Melvins, Mike Patton's projects, Drive Like Jehu, Rocket From The Crypt, Grindcore, Metalcore, Hardcore (as genre's)

Interests: Guitar and guitar pedals, Japan, Hot asian chicks, Drinking.

What do you play (Instrument, and genre): Guitar - Noise-rock (mainly) and grind and metalcore.

Are you in a Band? Yes, we're in the middle of recording

Do you study or work? neither

What got you into playing music? My uncle when I was nine and the bands he introduced me to.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Name: Scott

Favourite Band(s): Boston, Smashing Pumpkins, Pink Floyd, Rush, etc etc

Interests: Guitars, Working the Websites, Travel

What do you play (Instrument, and genre): Guitar - Drums

Are you in a Band? No, way too much travel for work

Do you study or work? Work and work

What got you into playing music? My Father was in several big bands back in the day. Played lead trumpet. Got my Brother and I hooked at a very young age.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Name: Andy

Favourite Band(s): Depends on my mood, but here are a few - AC/DC, Metallica, Elton John, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Black Crowes, The Cult, Tom Petty...

Interests: Music Production, Guitar building & design, R&D, women, my kids/family.

What do you play (Instrument, and genre): Wang Guitar mostly. I have played bass as well, but its been a while.

Are you in a Band? Not anymore, but I'm looking for some hacks to play with.

Do you study or work? I'm a workaholic. I own three seperate companies and still do contract work on the side.

What got you into playing music? There was a family connection. We allways had a guitar around the house when I was a kid and my step brother was an agent starting from the time I has in Jr. High. I was a 'roadie' by the time I was fifteen. I started making noise when I was 12 or 13, I remember thinking that it would be a good way to get chicks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Name: Andy

Favourite Band(s): Depends on my mood, but here are a few - AC/DC, Metallica, Elton John, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Black Crowes, The Cult, Tom Petty...

Interests: Music Production, Guitar building & design, R&D, women, my kids/family.

What do you play (Instrument, and genre): Wang Guitar mostly. I have played bass as well, but its been a while.

Are you in a Band? Not anymore, but I'm looking for some hacks to play with.

Do you study or work? I'm a workaholic. I own three seperate companies and still do contract work on the side.

What got you into playing music? There was a family connection. We allways had a guitar around the house when I was a kid and my step brother was an agent starting from the time I has in Jr. High. I was a 'roadie' by the time I was fifteen. I started making noise when I was 12 or 13, I remember thinking that it would be a good way to get chicks.

Did it work?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Name: Ben
Favourite Band(s): Not enough room on the page but if I had to name some...Zeppelin, SRV, Hendrix, Black Crowes, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, White Stripes, Wolfmother, Joe Bonamassa, U2 and the list goes on and on and on.
Interests: Movies, Reading, Writing, Music, Music, Music, the UFC (there's nothing barbaric about it), and my obsession - taking stuff apart to see how it works and then making it better.
What do you play?: Acoustic as well as electric guitar. My passion is the blues (still working on getting it right) but I'll try to play anything that peaks my interest. I also play stuff by Zeppelin, Metallica, Audioslave.....
Are you in a Band?: No. Finally found someone to jam with last week. No plans on being rich or famous by playing music.
Do you study or work?: Unfortunately I have to work
What got you into playing music?:
Always loved music. Tried to play any instrument I could get ahold of. Started with my dad's organ then progressed to a harmonica which I never really figured out and then to the tenor sax (I was actually really good but had to turn it in when high school ended). But then a buddy of mine was messing around with a guitar at a party once. I noticed all the girls around him and thought - THAT's THE INSTRUMENT FOR ME!! Been in love with it ever since. And yes, the girls did come and go but I still have my guitar. :rockon:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Name:

Favourite Band(s):Spinal Tap, Captain Beyond, Captain Beefheart, The Band, Janis Joplin, April Wine, Lightspeed, Mahogany Rush, Pat Travers, et al.

Interests:Scifi, politics, space exploration, paranormal, Lonnie Anderson, Mae West

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) guitar - some electric, some fingerpickin'. Mostly folk and blues. Some Stan Rogers but never his brother Garnet. Stan was the one born with manners.

Are you in a Band? Infrequently, with some fellow hacks in a barn playing to the crows...

Do you study or work?Both, unless you mean studying is only in a school in which case I only work. I read tons of books yearly but not in a classroom.

What got you into playing music? Who knows? Adolescent hormones? A previous life? I just know that when I first saw a guitar I had to learn to play it.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Name: Lisa

Favourite Band(s): Define Favorite? Depends on the day.. Zep,Aerosmith,AC/DC, Rush, Beatles, Metallica, filter, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, RHCP, Linkin Park, MGS, Goo Goo Dolls, Nora Jones, Heart,Priest, Tesla, Incubus, Alice N Chains... and the beat goes on...

Interests: My family, my guitars, running, yoga, books, cooking.. Nice wines

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) Acoustic reasonably well,(rock folk, metal country, whatever sounds good) small moments of brilliance.. The electric is another story.

Are you in a Band? Nope!

Do you study or work? Unfortunately.. I work.

What got you into playing music? I love music and it defines my life.. I have a sountrack constantly looping! Hmm does that make me loopy?

Peace SB

·
Registered
822 Posts
Name: Ralph

Favourite Band(s): Beatles, Deep Purple, Yes, Jeff Beck, Steely Dan, Police, Louis Armstrong, George Jones, Otis Spann, Dr. John and on and on.....

Interests: music, photography, art, philosophy, anthropology, astronomy, hamburgers

What do you play (Instrument, and genre) voice, guitar, lap steel, bass if I have to (closet left-handed drummer) - blues, jazz, funk, punk, r&r, r&b, c&w

Are you in a Band? - Not at the moment, goddammit.

Do you study or work? - Yes and yes

What got you into playing music? - My parents infected me. You've heard of "crack babies"? I was a "barbershop quartet" baby. That and the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts