The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
This appeals to me...
Me, too.

I had an Am Spec when they first came out. It was routed for a humbucker so I put a Duncan '59 in the neck position. But it never really worked out. I tried changing the orientation, the phase, etc. but I could never get a decent in-phase sounding center position. If Fender has sorted that out, this could be worth a look/listen.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
Warning, Brit Alert! :rolleyes:

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Me, too.

I had an Am Spec when they first came out. It was routed for a humbucker so I put a Duncan '59 in the neck position. But it never really worked out. I tried changing the orientation, the phase, etc. but I could never get a decent in-phase sounding center position. If Fender has sorted that out, this could be worth a look/listen.
The solution is Keef's solution. You need a Broadcaster/Champ spec bridge pickup

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I think thats the point ;)
Previously I would have bought the Special (almost did actually) over the MIM or MIA Standard models to get the 3 saddle bridge and vintage appointments. Now the Pro has a proper bridge and killer neck and I see no personal need for this new model to exist

·
Registered
662 Posts
Love the new Jazzmasters, hate the price. I won’t be buying any new Fender products, but if one of those blue Jazzmasters pops up for good price, I’d have to try it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts