The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,811 Posts
@laristotle Did you ask Santa for one of these? Don't leave it too late, my friend.
Most importantly...Were you a good boy for at least a few days this past year? (Santa will need to know this!)

I wonder what speaker cab Geddy was using?

·
Premium Member
8,937 Posts
Yeah, these are in the racks at L&M for a while now. Curious to try one day, if it’s already hooked up, but not curious enough to take one home. Watching that ^ now.

·
Premium Member
8,937 Posts
Guys that liked ^ that might also like this. The only time I saw Rush was Winnipeg, Moving Pictures tour. Buddy and I went and stood right in front of a wall of bass bins right below Alex. It literally made him sick, the pounding of the bottom end, and we retreated to well back for a long while. What a show that was, ‘82 maybe? Didn’t look it up. Did look it up. ‘81, one of my first arena shows.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
@greco works has it that Geddy went preamp - pa -monitors.

I’m starting to do this as well. Guarantees that you’ll hear it if the FOH sound is lacking. Bass amps are big and heavy. And I laid off my butler. He used to carry me and my gear to and from my car.

Now I have to walk. Can you believe it??

·
Premium Member
8,937 Posts
@greco works has it that Geddy went preamp - pa -monitors.

I’m starting to do this as well. Guarantees that you’ll hear it if the FOH sound is lacking. Bass amps are big and heavy. And I laid off my butler. He used to carry me and my gear to and from my car.

Now I have to walk. Can you believe it??
Good lord not heavy. I have a 500 and an 800 W bass heads that weigh 4.5 and about 8 lbs respectively. My main cab is a 400W 1x15 that weighs 39 lbs. I frequently have a lighter easier load in than guitar players, sometimes there’s even a good house amp. If I need more, I add another 400W 50ish lb matching 2x10. It’s more and more common to see lightweight bass gear.

I bet Geddy still has effects at his feet, and a bigger overall rig than you might think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts