The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Geddy Lee "Big Beautiful Book of Bass"

4K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  TheYanChamp 
#1 ·
Looking forward to checking this out, he has published a big coffee table book all about bass. He apparently has over 200 basses and got the bug to research and write about some of them.

#17 ·
Geddy Lee's Official (Yet Kind of Random)
Big Beautiful Book of Bass Tour

Event tickets and latest details at rush.com/geddylee

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019
VICTORIA, BC @ BOLEN BOOKS - SIGNING 7:00 PM

THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019
VANCOUVER, BC @ INDIGO METROTOWN - SIGNING 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019
CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Q&A & SIGNING/BASS EXHIBIT VIP 1:00 PM

SUNDAY, May 26, 2019
CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Bass Exhibit Opens to Public (May 26, 2019 - Jan 2, 2020)

SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019
EDMONTON, AB @ COSTCO 1112 WEST EDMONTON - SIGNING 2:00 PM

MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019
WINNIPEG, MB @ COSTCO 549 WINNIPEG SOUTH - SIGNING 5:00 PM

TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019
TORONTO, ON @ INDIGO BAY AND BLOOR - SIGNING 7:00 PM

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019
OTTAWA, ON CENTREPOINTE THEATRE -
INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019
RICHMOND HILL, ON @ COSMOFEST - SIGNING 1:00 PM

MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019
OAKVILLE, ON@ OAKVILLE CENTRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2019
MONTREAL, QC @ RIALTO THEATRE - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

#22 ·

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019
The address here is not correct. The event will be at Dominion Chalmers (more correctly, at Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre), 355 Cooper St. in Ottawa. Tickets are $110 each (includes book)/$115 at door, or $140 for two with one book/$145 at door. If you're a Writers Festival member, the event is free, but doesn't come with a book. Tickets are available in advance from the Writers Festival website <link> One on One </link>.

Alan Neal, from CBC Radio, is scheduled to do the interview. Alan is a terrific interviewer; I'm really looking forward to this. There will also be an audience Q&A after the formal interview.

Geddy will be signing copies of the book afterward. He will not be signing other stuff, so leave your Rush back catalog at home.

Full disclosure -- I'm doing audio at this event, you should come and say hi. I already have a copy of the book, it's great. I've never met Geddy. I own a black '72 Fender Jazz Bass, but not because of him.

#20 ·
Looks like an illustration from The Revenge of Squirrel Nutkin, a Beatrix Potter story wherein Mr. Owl gets his comeuppance for daring to take the tail of Master Nutkin. Little did Owl know that the bass in and of its own could be a deadly instrument of revenge. Should be turned into the b-side of How the Hare Lost his Specatacles!

#21 ·

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019
VICTORIA, BC @ BOLEN BOOKS - SIGNING 7:00 PM

THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019
VANCOUVER, BC @ INDIGO METROTOWN - SIGNING 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019
CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Q&A & SIGNING/BASS EXHIBIT VIP 1:00 PM

SUNDAY, May 26, 2019
CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Bass Exhibit Opens to Public (May 26, 2019 - Jan 2, 2020)

SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019
EDMONTON, AB @ COSTCO 1112 WEST EDMONTON - SIGNING 2:00 PM

MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019
WINNIPEG, MB @ COSTCO 549 WINNIPEG SOUTH - SIGNING 5:00 PM

TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019
TORONTO, ON @ INDIGO BAY AND BLOOR - SIGNING 7:00 PM

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019

SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019
RICHMOND HILL, ON @ COSMOFEST - SIGNING 1:00 PM

MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019
OAKVILLE, ON@ OAKVILLE CENTRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2019
MONTREAL, QC @ RIALTO THEATRE - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM
Might have to check that out

#28 ·
Thanks for posting that.

I like lots of bands from a wide variety of genres, but if I had to pick just one, the band that impacted me more than any other, it always comes back to Rush.

The documentary “Beyond the Lighted Stage” is an excellent telling of their story.

Great representatives of Canada in my opinion.

#27 ·
The National Music Centre still has 26 of his basses, and a copy of his book to flip through, until Jan 6.
If you're anywhere nearby & interested in the basses, it is worth a trip (Plus all the other stuff there)

Reactions: Sneaky
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.