The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
If they do, hopefully it also involves a singer. I don't mind Geddy's recorded vox but his voice is pretty much shot for live work.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
An idea I read that I like is having a 4 piece rather than a trio to make it different than Rush.

Perhaps Derek Sherinian and Mike Portnoy would play well with Geddy & Alex.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A four piece is a good idea. If they wanted to remain a trio (or even if they wanted to do the four piece thing), Gil Moore would be a good choice as he could also handle some, or all, of the singing duties. But he is busy with Metalworks and I don't know if he even plays drums these days.

Another option would be Dave Grohl, but he has so many things going on that he might not be able to devote all of his time to the new project.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
He probably has no interest but it would be cool if Neil became the lyricist...like Bernie Taupin. I always have enjoyed contemplating his words in lyrics and books. If they are looking for a singer they could do worse than Phil Naro. He's Toronto local,has a fantastic set of pipes, been involved in countless musical endeavours (Druckfarben, Classic Albums Live ) I'd love to hear him involved. Band name, how about " LLblueJ ". Bad

[video]

[video]

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He probably has no interest but it would be cool if Neil became the lyricist...like Bernie Taupin. I always have enjoyed contemplating his words in lyrics and books. If they are looking for a singer they could do worse than Phil Naro. He's Toronto local,has a fantastic set of pipes, been involved in countless musical endeavours (Druckfarben, Classic Albums Live ) I'd love to hear him involved. Band name, how about " LLblueJ ". Bad

[video]

[video]

I've met him several times, he is a great guy. My roommate used to work in a bar in which he and another guy did a weekly acoustic thing. I would often be in there drinking so we got to talking on several occasions. Back when he still lived in Buffalo (where he grew up) he was in a band with Billy Sheehan.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
i'd rather they keep Neal Peart and not go on crazy long ass tours anymore.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'd rather they keep Neal Peart and not go on crazy long ass tours anymore.

They can't. Neil has retired as he is physically incapable of performing. That link mentions that he doesn't even have a drum kit at home these days.

They could perhaps do the odd one-off show here and there, but they were never into those. They said that they didn't want to do Sarstock because they do not do one-offs but felt pressured into it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A four piece is a good idea. If they wanted to remain a trio (or even if they wanted to do the four piece thing), Gil Moore would be a good choice as he could also handle some, or all, of the singing duties. But he is busy with Metalworks and I don't know if he even plays drums these days.

Another option would be Dave Grohl, but he has so many things going on that he might not be able to devote all of his time to the new project.
Really like the Gil Moore suggestion!!!!!

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really like the Gil Moore suggestion!!!!!

And if I remember correctly, he wrote a lot of Triumph's lyrics.

They couldn't do Rush style stuff and would have to become a straight ahead rock band, and Moore would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts