The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not snake skin, but these are mine; Tony Lama boots I purchased from a shop in the Exchange District in downtown Winnipeg in 1992. My wife and kids hate them but I don't care. They are super comfortable and I just play better when I'm wearing them! Well at least I think I do.

Anybody else have what they call their very own gearmanndude boots?

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Basic, nothing to write home about, Blundstone boots. One pair brown, one pair black, one pair black safety toes. Keen hikers and sandals as well. Whatever sneakers for the gym.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I have a pair of those somewhere....some wear....I should probably mink oil them, haven't worn them in decades

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
crappy picture...

but thx for the reminder, they were pretty dry

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not snake skin, but these are mine; Tony Lama boots I purchased from a shop in the Exchange District in downtown Winnipeg in 1992. My wife and kids hate them but I don't care. They are super comfortable and I just play better when I'm wearing them! Well at least I think I do.

Anybody else have what they call their very own gearmanndude boots?

Back in the 80's I user wear them

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a pair of boots from The Alberta Boot Co. a while ago and they were great! I wore through two sole replacements before I finally had to get rid of them.

·
Registered
9,286 Posts
I tried wearing a thick chunky high heeled ankle boots. The floors at the Rehearsal factory are very uneven and walking in these boots was such a precarious situation! I was petrified of falling! I have reverted to wearing a ballet type flat shoe! They allow me to do anything that a wild child can think of! Lol

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I've got these for when shit needs to be kicked, or I feel the need to give the appearance of being an inch taller.
DSC_0002.JPG

As close to the Gearmanndude footwear as I get.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
You're not wrong my friend. I do however still have more teeth than boots, so that's a bonus.
Ahhhh, but are you counting a pair of boots as 2, or as 1? If 1, then ....... well, see the previous meme. :D

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
you guys got way more "boot style" than I do...only time I wear boots is when I gotta wear Sorels lol
otherwise, its shoes for me. my cars have clutches, so that's part of the reason. the other part is, i'm heavy enough as it is so I like light cushioned footwear.

Reactions: bolero

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
you guys got way more "boot style" than I do...only time I wear boots is when I gotta wear Sorels lol
otherwise, its shoes for me. my cars have clutches, so that's part of the reason. the other part is, i'm heavy enough as it is so I like light cushioned footwear.
I drive standards with no issues in all my boots, except for my big Dunlop rubber boots.

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
I drive standards with no issues in all my boots, except for my big Dunlop rubber boots.
I didn't say I had issues....it just isn't preferable...esp in a sports car to have big pointy boot toes getting in the way. but mostly I just feel weighted and oaf-ish in them. ive got soft feet, so I like a lot of cushion...a day in dress shoes even gives them a pounding. its too bad Doc Martens aren't on trend anymore...theyre prob the best balance between function and style.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts