The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Putting this in the bass section cuz it's mostly basses (some guitars).

It turns out that Copenhagen has some cool gear (I suppose due to the high wages/standard of living, they have historically been able to afford US/UK gear). I popped in on 2 shops in one afternoon (close in proximity). First was 4Sound, which from what I could tell was the major store for all things new. They had the expected things. Checked out some Fender Duosonics (an old bandmate had a 70s Bronco, same but bridge pup only, and I loved that thing), but as my primary focus is Gibson(esque) basses, I was drawn to the newish Ibanez Artcore Vintage (like the thin matte finish, not so hot on the reliced dings but it’s not a show stopper; the aged nickel hardware is pretty cool). It plays real nice and I was able to flesh out a new lick I came up with the day before when traveling to our out of town activities. If you see one for a good price I recommend taking the plunge. They also had the requisite Epi TBirds (one of the tobacco bursts was a proper neck thru; assumed the Gothic was too but didn’t check). The Gretsch looked nice but didn’t touch it (everything had ask for assistance signs on it and so I didn’t wanna bother cause that is so out of my price range). I tried out that same Gretsch later when I popped into a store in Krakow; surprisingly useful (for practice) acoustic tone; but between the non-ideal setup and the stock rounds it was a bit buzzy mid-neck.

Considering how hot the Bonamassa Sig Firebird I reissue is (including here), I had to check out the one they had when I spotted it. I was underwhelmed; plays great but not as resonant and sustainy as the bolt on Duosonics I played. Coulda been a bad one, but def a play before buy sort of thing. Love the banjo tuners tho (the Steinberger tuners that recent Gibson FBrids have had can blow goats).

Then there was this awesome weirdo:

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next it was off to Woodstock Guitars for a look at more vintage fare. Boy was that a trip. Right off the bat there was a 70s (series 2) Gibson EB3 in the window (not a crazy price either; lower than a few things inside that I thought should not be worth as much… I guess mudbucker equipped instruments can be hard to move; you love it or hate it).

Then inside we had a recent TBird IV (those pickups and bridge look so wrong) as well as a vintage 1964 TBird II (I had to stick my hand through a cage to take the shot; damn right you gotta protect that sexy girl).

Reactions: LanceT

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some other cool shit they had; Mosrite Ventures Bass, Dan Armstrong lucite bass, A nice matching pair of fireglo Rics as well as a nice mapleglo 360.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then there were a couple things that I’d never seen or heard of before on account of them never being imported to NA.

A Baum guitar (modern; made in Denmark; they had 2 different ones; check out their instagram - the semihollow Jazzmaster looks sweet) and a London City 4x12 in super cool green tolex that had just been sold but not picked up yet (made in Holland; loaded with vintage Celestions and larger than a typical 4x12 so probably better for bass).

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
that is wicked stuff, thx for posting!

say hi to Hans Christian for me

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just surprised that the prices were, for the most part, pretty reasonable. Strings for some reason were stoopid expensive.

The Little Mermaid statue was visited, but when that guy in the tie-dye T shirt told me that Christiania was an idillyc fairytale land, I totally got the the wrong impression ;P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts