The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Problem is with such a big online community is that there’s a large amount of bullshit to wade through but there is also a lot of knowledge buried in the mix.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Problem is with such a big online community is that there’s a large amount of bullshit to wade through but there is also a lot of knowledge buried in the mix.
I don't see that as a problem, it's so big you may not even notice the bullshit but still have plenty of knowledge to tap into.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You're not a guitar player until you've been banned from that site. The admins are a large part of the problem.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Being tossed from TGP is a badge of honour and rite of passage among guitarists. Twice for me, plus a bizarre caution from a moderator with limited reading comprehension. I'm not sure if I'm currently a member, I've certainly not logged in for a couple of years, but I won't rule out returning sometime, just for shits and giggles.

I like this place way better, even when we're not getting along.

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
that would be fun but i haven't been able to get back in again in a years. i only get the message that they aren't accepting new members.
Have you tried joining on a phone away from your house?

Actually, shouldn't you be able to join now, since you moved?

P

·
0 Posts
Use a different email, user name when re-upping at The Praise & Worship Page.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Just logged on for the first time in almost 3 years. At first glance not much has changed. There is an uninteresting current discussion of the definition.

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
I enjoyed the part at the end where they list off famous guitarists chased off the forum
The internet is the great equalizer.
I bet it was quite a feather in someones troll cap to chase away someone famous.

I'm on another forum, not related to music, where a lot of famous ppl hang out, but almost all of them do it incognito...except for the odd one who self-promotes. Stealthy is prob the best way to go, as fame can evoke different reactions.

Ive only been on TGP a dozen or so times, so its interesting hearing your reactions...interesting may be an understatement.:)

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Yeah, if I ever meet the DGTCrazy dick in person, I'm going to twist his f*cking head off.
Can I ask? Apart from “douche-baggery “ what’s DGT done? (He’s more criticism & revere than P&W? I must admit, the P&W crowd have really nice gear......)

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
Can I ask? Apart from “douche-baggery “ what’s DGT done? (He’s more criticism & revere than P&W? I must admit, the P&W crowd have really nice gear......)
I was banned by him in the middle of a fantastic deal. I had no other means of contacting the guy I was dealing with. It was my first experience with forums, so I didn't really know how to get back in there.

To top it all off, I was banned over a massive misunderstanding. He didn't read the full thread (that I started). He just saw that I called someone a bastard (who was actually a forum buddy). So he didn't realize it was said jokingly.

The message I got from him was "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!.

Ok, so maybe I wouldn't twist his head off, but I'd surely tear him a strip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts