The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know how this Reverb seller ended up with such a steady stream of used Gibson electrics? Nice selection and the feedback suggests that, besides having a solid rep, there's been no shortage of good Gibson content previously. Wondering if anyone knows the back story/how all of this came about, and in New Brunswick of all places. Just curious...

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Anyone know how this Reverb seller ended up with such a steady stream of used Gibson electrics? Nice selection and the feedback suggests that, besides having a solid rep, there's been no shortage of good Gibson content previously. Wondering if anyone knows the back story/how all of this came about, and in New Brunswick of all places. Just curious...

No clue . He’s been there for a while. It could be like a fella I know he came to pei with well over 50 guitars from 30s Gibson’s, 60s-70s fenders , 50s framis , and a crap load of 70s-80s mij guitars . Including an original 83 Ibanez lr10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
This was listed here a few times here with full disclosure : 74 LPC , headstock repair , neck refin , middle pickup route

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tried to buy a Nocaster from him a few months ago. Let's just say that what seemed to be clear communication went sideways on his part and the deal fell through.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,110 Posts
This was listed here a few times here with full disclosure : 74 LPC , headstock repair , neck refin , middle pickup route
The bulk of the work on that guitar was done by Tidewater Custom Shop -- they're a user on TGP out of the US somewhere.

W.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting details on the '74 LPC. To look at it, I would have no clue that any repairs had been done to it. The work looks truly exceptional.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Mike Spicer's shop is The Peghead - located in Hamilton Ontario . He did the work a few months back . The neck finish was colour matched to the body but it was not made to look old . It had zero neck finish wear .

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sadly it looks like none of that is mentioned on the reverb ad

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I actually owned the white one for a bit, and also the cherry (clown) burst ‘80 Custom he has up. The headstock re-broke on the white one when I shipped It to @toby2. We worked out a deal to have it repaired. They’ve both been around this forum a couple times!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts