The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this forum while doing a search for lutherie tools in Canada. It's a pain ordering from StewMac and paying their prices, plus shipping, exchange, brokerage, etc
Anyhow, I'm an old IT tech that dabbles in acoustic guitar. Mostly country / folk / bluegrass / JJ Cale / weird old Neil / Willie stuff. Tend toward old acoustics. Love Harmony / Kay . present collection includes 78 Fender F65, 71 Harmony H1233 12 string, 72 Harmony H6330, a couple old Japanese Sigma's, a Nashville? mondolin and a Mahalo LP ukulele. But that's subject to change at a minute's notice.
For fun I like to resurrect hurting and broken guitars and donate them to friends, family, and grandkids. Most recent patient was a Harmony H6330 that looked like someone sat on it. Busted and missing braces, cracked top, missing saddle and nut. It's all healed now and sounds as good as a birch plywood top Harmony can sound ;-P Definitely has that woody boxy Harmony sound.
Looking forward to enjoying and contributing to this forum. Just remember - I don't claim to be a pro!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Welcome Derrick,
here is quite interesting and pleasant (most of the time) bunch. You will have great time around.

yours truly
Bojan

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Hi !
Working our own acoustics is really rewarding. I bought bone nuts and saddles really low-priced last Fall and succeeded in working them to replace some nuts and saddles on second hand guitars. It does not need fancy tools. YouTube is now full of "how to" videos. Restoring "to be given" guitars could become a nice hobby.

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
Welcome to the GC forum.

A wonderful, helpful, experienced, caring, knowledgeable group of folks here.

Looking forward to your contributions/posts and threads.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! What's an "acoustic"?
"acoustic" = that big hollow wood thing with strings on it thatcha keep next to yer bugout bag fer when the lights go out an y'all wanna sing at the missus

·
Administrator
16,726 Posts
Ahhh, that thing! I've got one hanging on the wall down in the music room, I'd forgotten what it was for :)

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great folks here and great information too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great vid! As another Ol' Bastard I appreciate that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts