The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I right click on an image that is not showing in a post and try to "Open image in new tab" I get a request to sign into the Agile Guitar Forum. Seriously!

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
If I right click on an image that is not showing in a post and try to "Open image in new tab" I get a request to sign into the Agile Guitar Forum. Seriously!
calm down, seriously, no need for exclamation marks

its probably being hosted on another forum and they need a sign in before allowing you to view it, its common. the poster needs to host with a proper site

·
Premium Member
17,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm calm... Just curious and wondering if it something that needs to be done about it.

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
I'm calm... Just curious and wondering if it something that needs to be done about it.
maybe we've been amalgamated with the Agile forum by the new ownership, in which case its probably time to abandon ship and move to TGP full-time

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
calm down, seriously, no need for exclamation marks

its probably being hosted on another forum and they need a sign in before allowing you to view it, its common. the poster needs to host with a proper site
Well my photos are not from any forum. And it's not showing up. I'm posting the actual link and it works that way. But if I try to put it in as an image, it doesn't show up.

There is something wrong with the software and the people who bought this site seems to not care about issues like this. They hardly come around to check things.

http://chitosalazar.com/studio/BCJazz50800.jpg

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
Well my photos are not from any forum. And it's not showing up. I'm posting the actual link and it works that way. But if I try to put it in as an image, it doesn't show up.

There is something wrong with the software and the people who bought this site seems to not care about issues like this. They hardly come around to check things.

http://chitosalazar.com/studio/BCJazz50800.jpg
I tried to look at your picture and post it for you but it seems that your certificate has expired and the connection is not safe

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
seems to be working , for me at least and on my end..,, the first image is from my image host site and the second is a random copied image link from a web search result

P

·
0 Posts
The usual way a forum goes.

It is started and becomes successful as a community.
The owner gets tired of the job after years of working it.
A group of uninterested profiteers buy it to make money.
They make changes that kill off the community.
Forum community dissolves.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
The usual way a forum goes.

It is started and becomes successful as a community.
The owner gets tired of the job after years of working it.
A group of uninterested profiteers buy it to make money.
They make changes that kill off the community.
Forum community dissolves.
One more step, GCFRI.COM ...

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Hey guys

Sorry for being MIA. Email notifications failure meant I didn't realize folks were trying to contact me

We're working on repairing issues, but folks should know that if you are trying to embed an image that is being hosted on another site, and that site doesn't have a SSL certificate (no HTTPS at the front of the url) then certain browsers are going to block those images, Chrome and Firefox being the most notable. They have security features that will prevent the communication from "insecure" sites. Older browser like IE have lower security settings, and let those images show.

Bottom line is, this is being done on the browser end of things, outside our ability to change

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Hey guys

Sorry for being MIA. Email notifications failure meant I didn't realize folks were trying to contact me

We're working on repairing issues, but folks should know that if you are trying to embed an image that is being hosted on another site, and that site doesn't have a SSL certificate (no HTTPS at the front of the url) then certain browsers are going to block those images, Chrome and Firefox being the most notable. They have security features that will prevent the communication from "insecure" sites. Older browser like IE have lower security settings, and let those images show.

Bottom line is, this is being done on the browser end of things, outside our ability to change

Kevin
With all due respect, Kevin, when one experiences a) working external images in a post, then b) not working, then c) working again within the course of 24 hours, on the same post, and using the same browser (as one of several types of experiences being reported, including by myself), your root cause analysis can not be accurate.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Fair enough.

The examples I'm looking at in this thread are linking to sites that have SSL certs, but appear to be invalid, or improperly set up

https://grannygremlin.com/images/nonwebpics/amps-n-cabs/Garnet/ThirdSessionman-The One/AsArrived/IMG_20180622_224051.jpg

So if that hosting site is also having some issues, that would explain the comings and goings. But if you have a specific example in mind I'll take a look.

Sidenote: if you go to that link, you should get a warning about privacy. If you then OK the site and proceed despite the warning, the images show here. You've given your browser permission to make an exception. I don't know of a way to do that with non HTTPS sites though

Kevin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts