The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

GC Gear Transporter Services (GTS)

802 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dorian2 
#1 · (Edited)
Why don’t we make this an official thread to support inter-regional gear transport “services”. Basic idea (I'll edit this first post to clarify or add new rules/clarifications as needed):
  • post a Offer to Transport (O2T) or Request to Transport (R2T)
  • in all cases identify starting and ending locations; optionally identify transport route, options, and detours
  • in all cases identify gear carrying size requirements and/or capacity
  • for O2T, identify date/time for each leg of the journey there and, optionally return
  • for O2T, if appropriate to GC members, optionally identify purpose of trip
  • for R2T, it can be more open-ended/freeform
Please DO NOT discuss the trip or how cool we all are for doing this in this thread as that will introduce way too much noise here. Generally, please limit to an explicit O2T or R2T and, if you really need/want to, a “PM” sent, clarification, or trip confirmation for contingent trips (ie “The trip is on”) messages. Please use your own separate threads for thank you (including thanking me for this thread, or better yet, don’t thank me, I am not saving the world here) and detailed public logistics discussions. For those into marine radio, this is Channel 16 -- announce here and take the discussion elsewhere immediately.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
EXPIRED O2T (Offer to Transport):
  • Sun 06-May-2018
  • between Kitchener, ON (Fairview Mall area) and Milton, ON (401 & 25)
  • depart Kitchener by around 12-12:30pm, arrive Milton around 1pm
  • depart Milton around 1-1:30pm, arrive Kitchener by about 2pm
  • lots of room in an empty mid-size SUV from Kitchener-to-Milton, somewhat less room on return from Milton-to-Kitchener
  • purpose: meeting with Derrick Bell regarding cabinet work

#3 · (Edited)
EXPIRED R2T (Request to Transport):
  • date/time: any date time convenient from now (May 20th, 2018) to whenever (ideally by end of June 2018)
  • from: Gatineau/Ottawa to: Kitchener-Waterloo ideal, west GTA (Mississauga, Brampton, Milton) ok as well
  • package: medium size combo amp, not heavy, not very bulky
Please PM with suggestions if that's something that you can offer.

#4 ·
I can put up an O2T and a R2T...
Will be heading to ottawa on may 26...returning to kingston may 27...pickup/delivery would be best done on may 26...as mostly busy in the morning of the 27

R2T (Request to Transport):
  • date/time: any date time convenient from now (May 20th, 2018) to whenever (ideally by end of June 2018)
  • from: Gatineau/Ottawa to: Kitchener-Waterloo ideal, west GTA (Mississauga, Brampton, Milton) ok as well
  • package: medium size combo amp, not heavy, not very bulky
I can get it to kingston, if that helps any

#5 · (Edited)
WITHDRAWN, NO LONGER NEEDED: R2T (Request to Transport):

* date/time: any date time convenient from now (Dec 29, 2018) to whenever (ideally by or on early morning of Jan 5th, 2019 due to receiving schedule complexity increase after that)
* from: Kingston to Kitchener-Waterloo ideal, west GTA (Mississauga, Brampton, Milton) ok as well
* package: 2x12 combo amp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.