The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Probably, but I did buy it in around 2006...
Well, that is certainly a factor, then.

Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of a Canadian company being bought out by a foreign owner, but if they are actually planning to keep things in NS for the long haul, then that’s good. They make nice straps and I’ve got several.

P

·
0 Posts

Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of a Canadian company being bought out by a foreign owner, but if they are actually planning to keep things in NS for the long haul, then that’s good. They make nice straps and I’ve got several.
Just until they move it to China. Don't believe they won't strip it and run with the name. That's what they are trained to do.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Just until they move it to China. Don't believe they won't strip it and run with the name. That's what they are trained to do.
They signed long-term deals, so at least for that amount of time, it will likely stay. They seem to have a pretty decent operation set up there and Gator is a family-run company, so I am not 100% cynical about this. Maybe only 75%...

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts

I agree.

If these guys go the way of Tim Hortons, Larivee and so many others, there's always our good friend @TVvoodoo at Well Hung Straps in SK, still a Canadian company. That's where my next strap is coming from.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I agree.

If these guys go the way of Tim Hortons, Larivee and so many others, there's always our good friend @TVvoodoo at Well Hung Straps in SK, still a Canadian company. That's where my next strap is coming from.
At least Larrivee is still owned by Jean Larrivee, even though he moved to Cali. Tim's makes me sick and I don't give them my money. I'll have to check out Well Hung on Reverb again.

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts
At least Larrivee is still owned by Jean Larrivee, even though he moved to Cali. Tim's makes me sick and I don't give them my money. I'll have to check out Well Hung on Reverb again.
Larivee appears to now be a US company, although he is an ex-pat.

I am into a 'one in - one out' mode with guitars, so I haven't needed a new strap in a couple of years. But if (when, really) I increase the guitar count, I plan on shopping at WellHung. Or getting my g/f to do it. She says; "You're hard to buy for.". Being a guy, I only listen to the first couple of words and then get distracted ......

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Larivee appears to now be a US company, although he is an ex-pat.

I am into a 'one in - one out' mode with guitars, so I haven't needed a new strap in a couple of years. But if (when, really) I increase the guitar count, I plan on shopping at WellHung. Or getting my g/f to do it. She says; "You're hard to buy for.". Being a guy, I only listen to the first couple of words and then get distracted ......
Yeah, he's now incorporated in the US. He moved there for the weather, apparently. Either way, I haven't found a Larrivee that has particularly grabbed me, so it's a moot point. I just received a Halcyon Guitar, made by Ed Bond who used to work at Larrivee in Vancouver. It's nothing like a Larrivee, but it's a very nice guitar.

I just browsed Well Hung and he's got some nice stuff. I don't like 3" wide straps so much, but there are a couple there that are tempting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts