·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this guy lives in Toronto too.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Saw one of those on ebay last month... As bad as that is, these are worse: DEWEY DECIBEL FLIPOUT guitars (Yikes!)

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
401 Posts
to each his own............ but I'm thinking that "tarts"...(strat ..backwards)

is just plain "time coulda been better spent " territory.

re: "inverse V": man..!>I have trouble playing my vox teardrop sitting down, that must be a "rock n roll" challenge fo sho.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That backwards strat is just... wrong. The V's aren't too bad... they might even qualify as cool but +1 on being a pain in the ass to play sitting down. Wouldn't that knob/switch get in the way of strumming? And that thing probably neckdives like crazy due to proportions of the guitar...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Saw one of those on ebay last month... As bad as that is, these are worse: DEWEY DECIBEL FLIPOUT guitars (Yikes!)

Cheers,
Joe
As soon as I saw this picture I could only think of one name for it...

RETARDOCASTER

There's someone who should have been PLAYING rather than "CREATING".

Bizarre - To each his own though. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying those last two, but I can't see me buying them.

But that reveresed strat has an odd appeal.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts

RETARDOCASTER

hahahaha huzzah for the retardocaster:food-smiley-004:I seriously might buy a retardocaster one day, when I have some coin to spare :smile:

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
not retardocaster, that's being mean towards people with disabilities!

had to say it, might be going into the helping field..

on another note, im pretty sure i've seen that pic at guitarists.net? hm..

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
had to say it, might be going into the helping field.
I've been in that field for 23 years. They've gone from using retarded to developmentally disabled to persons with intellectual disabilities, with slight variations using challenged or delayed instead of disabled over the last 20+ years. You need a well developed and warped sense of humour to survive in this field. And when you hear one of your clients with that 'label' say "That is so retarded", you don't feel so bad about the way the phrase is used. Besides for many of us, the word 'retard' has gone the way of idiot, imbecile and moron, which used to clinical terms to describe the degree of retardation. But many are still sensitive to the word.

In short, what I am trying to say, is that I don't have a problem with using Retardocaster, but I'm aware there are others who feel differently.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ehh being "politically correct" these days can be a royal pain, I honestly don't think that the word retardocaster is going to offend anyone...
it's true.
developmentallychallendedocaster might actually be politically incorrect, but it certainly doesn't have much of a ring to it.
ditto on 'retard or retarded' as it relates to moron, imbecile and such. thankfully, the word (particularly amongst younger folk) has really lost connotation to the original medical use of the word.

the reverse V was one of the gibson 'guitars of the week'. that whole promotional campaign is utterly beyond me. the overwhelming percentage of guitars i've seen are either pretty silly or have rather hideous paint schemes. certainly puzzling if gibson is trying to re-establish some authenticity to the folks that have the $$$ to dish out to own a gibby.

the tartsocaster is something that rick neilson should have been playing back in the day.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

RETARDOCASTER

If it was a bass, I'd call it the 'bass-ackward'. :banana:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts