The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have folks?

In responce to a remark from a fellow forumite about my love of Godin products, I offer you this, my current collection. Missing is a Norman acoustic folk that I use as a student loaner. Over the years there have been many other Godin products, mandolin, Acousticaster fretless bass, Acousticater guitar, S&Ps, La Patries, various electrics, but I've been trying to cut down.

IMG_7166.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,864 Posts
Nice collection!

Cool (new, creative, clever) alternate use of GAS.

Did you know that the 'Merlin' is named after Mr. Godin's dog.
This is according to a company sales rep I met.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I have had several, but this is the only one that has stayed. It is part of my closet collection. I think it is a 2006 LG Signature, AA top. The five position switch goes from humbucker to convincingly good split single coil. It has a very diverse sound pallete. With pickups set low it goes from Wes Montgomery to Buck Owens. Old school jazz, country, rock, and more. With pickups higher it gets nasty, but loses that special sweetness of the dialed in low setting. Not too heavy, well balanced, durable, with factory locking tuners. It usually sits out on a stand, begging me to pick it up. I just have way too many guitars. This one owes me nothing, and brings more joy than the few dollars it might bring, if sold.
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had several, but this is the only one that has stayed. It is part of my closet collection. I think it is a 2006 LG Signature, AA top. The five position switch goes from humbucker to convincingly good split single coil. It has a very diverse sound pallete. With pickups set low it goes from Wes Montgomery to Buck Owens. Old school jazz, country, rock, and more. With pickups higher it gets nasty, but loses that special sweetness of the dialed in low setting. Not too heavy, well balanced, durable, with factory locking tuners. It usually sits out on a stand, begging me to pick it up. I just have way too many guitars. This one owes me nothing, and brings more joy than the few dollars it might bring, if sold.
View attachment 186073
I like that, very similar to my LG. I had a Summit for a while that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Alas, there are no Godin's in my home at the moment. In the past there have been a Simon and Patrick six string, an Art & Lutherie 12 string and a 55h Avenue Kingpin II. If another one comes in the door, it will be a Seagull Artist Cameo or a Custom Session Tripleplay.

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
I can't comment on electrics, but I have owned a S&P and a couple A&L acoustics. All good guitars and amazing bargains. Still have an A&L Ami (that I got for $60 with a Hercules stand - a bit carved up but hey..)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a few Godins in the house. A 5th Ave. Kingpin II, a Norman B20, a Merlin, and my daughters have a Seagull and an Art and Lutherie. Great value. Love my Godins!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have a Simon & Patrick acoustic which I haven't played for quite some time. Godin makes good guitars.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I have 2 S&P acoustics. A 6 and a 12 string. I like them. I have played a few electrics from Godin and they seem well made and comfortable.

·
Registered
15,219 Posts
S&P 12 string...

And nice selection of guitars here...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts