The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ok but $1.05 per litre is still cheaper than rot gut wine was in the 70s. Gotta look for the positives in life ... lol

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
That’s cheaper than a Bottle of Old Sailor cost at the LCBO circa 1974.
Here's an Old Sailor wine story for you. Circa 1968, our teen band was putting on chaperoned dances for the teens in town at the old Orange Hall in Port Hope. They were well attended by the local teens and of course, no drinking was allowed. We made about $15 each for playing for the night. Many years later, I find out from our friend Sam that he had gotten an older friend of his to buy him a case of Old Sailor and he sold it at the door when the older teens where paying their admission, He kept the case under the table with a tablecloth on it. We never knew a thing. The bugger made more money than we did. I think the Old Sailor was $12 for a case of 12 if I'm not mistaken. Now there's a entrepreneur for you. Oh ya, In-A-Gadda-da-Vida was our closing song. Great time to be a kid.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Oh, hum. 91.9 in Edmonton

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's an Old Sailor wine story for you. Circa 1968, our teen band was putting on chaperoned dances for the teens in town at the old Orange Hall in Port Hope. They were well attended by the local teens and of course, no drinking was allowed. We made about $15 each for playing for the night. Many years later, I find out from our friend Sam that he had gotten an older friend of his to buy him a case of Old Sailor and he sold it at the door when the older teens where paying their admission, He kept the case under the table with a tablecloth on it. We never knew a thing. The bugger made more money than we did. I think the Old Sailor was $12 for a case of 12 if I'm not mistaken. Now there's a entrepreneur for you. Oh ya, In-A-Gadda-da-Vida was our closing song. Great time to be a kid.
... lol

Around 72 or 3 I was at Sibbalds Point on May 24 and some guy had bought a case of that crap intending work his way through it over the weekend but by Sunday afternoon he was just layin on the ground bubblin.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm old enough to remember Cdn Wine for under $.90 a bottle
And back then they had a winter grade wine with anti-freeze in it but, like sales of domestic sedans from the big three, side road tours ain't what they were so they don't seem to be doing that anymore.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lmao @ cold duck, that crap was being consumed in mass quantities when I saw Yes at the Gardens.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts