The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cabs are 48 inches tall, 13 wide and 11 deep. Which are deeper compared to traditional Traynor , Garnet and Shure PA colums...

Someone was able to supply me these info on them:

If I remember correctly they are only rated for 100 watts. They were originally powered by a Stage 740P amplifier. The amp put out 70 watts RMS. I remember that these columns were really loud. Those are nice !

I was thinking of using them as Guitar cabs since they are 11 inches deep. Not bad for a cheap garage sale find !!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Old school beauties. Nothing wrong with the hi-tech stuff out nowadays, but those are like a vintage car. I'd try to find an old analog mixer/amp to drive them for their intended use -- playing in crappy bars and halls. But that's just my nostalgic point-of-view...

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK... today i`m floored !!!:eek:

My wife makes me go get some water at the grocery store so I stopped at a garage sale on the way... what the hell, i`m in no hurry... So ... I see this old piece of gear in the corner... Lady does not know if it works or anything... Negotiate a little and leave with this for $5 bucks... At this price... what the hell.

Here`s the gear:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once home, I went downstairs and plugged the thing in. Plugged in the speakers, plugged a mic in....

Everything works perfectly except channel 1 which just needs a cleaning !!! :eek:

This is a Yamaha EM-150 Power Mixer , 75 watts per channel. A perfect match for the Stage 410 speakers to boot !!!

So... For a Total of a whooping $15 bucks , I have a Power mixer and 2 X 410 Speakers !!! ;)

Who say they're no deals out there !!!

:D

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Great find...congrats!

My very first amp was a Stage combo. I think they were owned by Marshall, or some other well known big company putting out a lower line. It wasn't a bad amp for a solid state. My mom hated it though.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Cool find--enjoy!

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My very first amp was a Stage combo. I think they were owned by Marshall
My very first amp was a Stage combo also... The Stage 65 , made by Unicord (Univox) They were distributed and assembled in north America by the same Co that distributed Marshall amps ! Great little amps !!! I once also had the Stage 120 combo which was a 212 combo. regret selling the 120...

My mom hated it though.
Memories ... ;)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool ! No reason not to put a band back together now.
The PA in my old drummers Garage in my VoiceMate and 2 412 Traynor colums .... They serve for practice for over 20 years... ;)

That reminds me, should get those back ! :confused:

And once my renovations are finish, band playing will be a weekly event again ! :cool:

I need to Rock & RollHNG^%$

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
My very first amp was a Stage combo also... The Stage 65 , made by Unicord (Univox) They were distributed and assembled in north America by the same Co that distributed Marshall amps ! Great little amps !!! I once also had the Stage 120 combo which was a 212 combo. regret selling the 120...

Memories ... ;)

Yeah, I couldn't quite put my finger on who they were associated with. Thanks for the update.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts