The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive with the wife and stopped a a Garage sale and found this little beauty !!! ;)

Its a Harmony Stella Model H6128 from what I can figure out... No markings inside … Plays nice, great action, straight, nice tone and good volume for a Parlour guitar... Its in great shape also !!!

Love finding deals like this ! :cool:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! You said it was a deal - how little did it cost? :cool:
I got it for $20 , since it was in perfect condition, a great deal for a fun guitar to play. Sounds real nice... the seller told me it was his father's guitar that he played all the time but since his father passed away, needed to moved most of all his belongings.

Wonder if all my stuff might one day end up in a garage sale ! !! :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Another nice score. That neck looks as fat as a classical nylon string's.

I love trapezes on flat top accoustics, but personally I will never buy any guitar with 'steel reinforced neck' vs adjustable truss rod ever again. Not in this climate.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Another nice score. That neck looks as fat as a classical nylon string's.

I love trapezes on flat top accoustics, but personally I will never buy any guitar with 'steel reinforced neck' vs adjustable truss rod ever again. Not in this climate.
Oh ya?
Have you had problems with warping?

I’ve got three with no truss rod, 1 from the 1930s & 2 from the 60s and no issues.

I actually just bought a 4th, hopefully showing up Thursday or Friday.

Frenchy99 great find!
I’m always surprised at the sound coming out of birch bodies, it’s loud!!

Nathan

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Oh ya?
Have you had problems with warping?

I’ve got three with no truss rod, 1 from the 1930s & 2 from the 60s and no issues.an
No, not warping. Just complete inability to get nice action. It limits string choice and takes a bit of time and money wasted trying different sets until you can get the best balance of tension vs neck. Playable, but you really have to work for it above the 6-8th fret or so (and I do play that high on the lower strings as well so it gets to be a great finger workout).

They can sound amazing, loved me old Harmony, but they are not the most playable instruments.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Ah gotcha, I have a 30s Oahu that desperately needs a neck reset.
The Harmony 165 is actually lower action up the neck than I prefer and the other is a silvertone electric.

Nathan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts