The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just learned how to play Sudoko. It's an awesome game to learn. Doing the easy puzzles. I also love board games but have to be in the mood to play.

When we go to the cottage the boys and I play board games. Eat a cookie and have fun together! We sometimes play croquet. We have hit each other in various parts of the leg with the mallet. Can't stand to close.

Last time we got together, we played scrabble! We laughed so much at the words that my oldest was saying were legitimate words. Thank goodness for on line dictionaries.

Do you play any games or have some hobby games on the side? What are they and with whom do you play them with.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,821 Posts
I'm a huge cue sports fan. 8, 9, or 10 ball especially, but I'm game for anything.

I was a magician in a past life, so I don't get to play cards with people. No one trusts me and they always accuse me of cheating if I'm winning. I would never do that. I only use my powers for good. ;)

But when they let me, I enjoy Eucre.

I LOVE backgammon, but only ever get to play against an AI computer in a phone app. I like chess too, but I pretty much suck at it by any "real" chess enthusiast standards.

With the right people, I'm happy to play just about anything.

My wife isn't much of a game person and my son is too young yet. I look forward to the days I get to teach him this stuff. Hopefully he enjoys it all as much as me.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Backgammon, bottle of scotch, and Willie playing on the tape deck. That was my childhood.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Lately, my son's and I play a game or two when they visit. Every few weeks I buy something new. The kids enjoy Stratego and the Chinese Checkers I got them a few months back but they absolutely love our most recent addition....Risk.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lately, my son's and I play a game or two when they visit. Every few weeks I buy something new. The kids enjoy Stratego and the Chinese Checkers I got them a few months back but they absolutely love our most recent addition....Risk.
Risk is a great game! It makes me think in strategic modes! Good exercise for the noggan.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I played Stratego with my Father when I was young and played it with my boys when they were young.

Monopoly was a family favorite until I bankrupt my wife one game and exclaimed, “Oooh yaaa, I’m the cash man!” She flipped the board over sending pieces flying everywhere and, well, the monopoly game has been in it’s box ever since.

Happy wife, happy life....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts