·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Bring your ear plugs!

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Same here--depending on the ticket prices I woudl still consider going--but this definitely doesn't live up to previous line ups...

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Same here--depending on the ticket prices I woudl still consider going--but this definitely doesn't live up to previous line ups...
After seeing Vai in london, I'm not sure I'd go to any of these kind of shows (unless I was guaranteed the sound was going to be decent)

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Collen might have chops
I'm just wondering what he'll play...
And WTF is he so shredded at nearly 60 years old

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Phil Collen has been a workout and nutrition junkie for 25+ years, kicked the booze back then too. Though not a particularly big guy he lifts fairly heavy especially for an old rockstar and trains muay thai.
Should make all of us be it 20, 40, or 60 strive for some consistency in that part of our lives.

What should impress us more is that he uses 13's (A440, on a Floyd!?) and 1"+ thick baseball bat necks and metal picks to "shred". Man after my own heart with that set up.

Wish Fender/Charvel/Jackson would release his PC models with the actual neck he uses, they made the leap with the Ritchie Kotzen Tele's and Strat's which have great original Jeff Beck-like proportions.

(Tangent - Kotzen is another rock guy with shred ability who bucks the weedly-weedly stereotype of thin necks and strings, plus uses only his fingers a la Beck. Not implying heavier = tone either, just like to see examples of the Jazz guy with a solid body and 9's and the shredder with 13's to show sometimes you can find a distinct and atypical recipe for yourself in the pursuit of your sound)

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Phil Collen has been a workout and nutrition junkie for 25+ years, kicked the booze back then too. Though not a particularly big guy he lifts fairly heavy especially for an old rockstar and trains muay thai.
Yeah, that or them roids

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
After seeing Vai in london, I'm not sure I'd go to any of these kind of shows (unless I was guaranteed the sound was going to be decent)
I've seen Joe live--and it's in my top 5 concerts...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts