The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I was in Fredericton, (NB), yesterday on biz. I went to Tony's Music Box to see what they had for P-bass pups....$115 for a Seymor Duncan, I passed on that proud of my self-control. Then I went to Musicstop and they didn't have any P-Bass pups at all. The guy asked; "Anything else you might be interested in?" "Here we go", I thought then I asked about L-H guitars/basses. So he took me over to the southpaw section of about 6 guitars, no basses, nothing caught my eye, until.....

What is this? A barely used Epi LP Special for $145??? WTF So I plugged it in and ripped a few Jimi riffs and that was it. Came with a gig bag too. Action was way too high and intonation was off, but after doing that, it was beautiful. A little pull of the neck and more bridgework it will be awesome!

Like I really needed it but hey, the mileage I will get on expenses pretty much paid for it!

Still want a split pup though, <shrug>

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
For $145 it's hard to go wrong.

If you get bored with it you should be able to get that back out of it without too much trouble.

I'm always on the look out for a Gibson LP with some scratches and dents.

I want one, but I'm not prepared to pay $2000. plus for one.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Lowtones; Yep, Tony's is still there and I think he's at a new loc'n, not sure. On Queen now. Awesome store. Musicstop, out of Halifax, has been making inroads into other Maritime cities over the last year or two. Good stuff, good people and they can spot a GAS-afflicted person in a second. :)

Mich

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah - I like Musicstop too. It doesn't hurt that the guitar manager here is a buddy of mine and I grew up with the other guitar guy.

Bad for the GAS though...

Nice score, by the way...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts