The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This applies to the City of Toronto.
What plumbing companies don't inform the customer is that the City will determine where the blockage is for free. Then it's either a free service if the blockage is on City property or pay a plumber to clear a blockage within your property line.

·
Premium Member
16,491 Posts
Pro tip: get a sewer flusher in to push the blockage out to the main ;)

I used to do this kind of work for Halifax.
Amature tip: Ban q-tips and drinking straws from your home. Buy a decent auger.

A visit from a plumber to clear a blocked main drain can quickly get into the $600 ~ ?$$$$? range.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Our basement flooded once because of this. We had tree roots from a city tree that had worked their way into the outflow. The wife dumping feminine products down the toilet was the final cause. I was down on my hands and knees for a week scrubbing with bleach. Lungs never recovered.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Amature tip: Ban q-tips and drinking straws from your home. Buy a decent auger.

A visit from a plumber to clear a blocked main drain can quickly get into the $600 ~ ?$$$$? range.
In the sewer buisiness, tampons and wipes are the devil. Q tips aren't pleasant either.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I once took a dump in the bathroom of a very upscale home, on the main floor, during a big social event with a lot of people I didn't know

lo and behold, the shitter backed up & started spewing brown water etc all over the carpeted bathroom & out the door, towards the guests

after enduring all kinds of awkward embarrassment, and sheepishly helping to remove the toilet so we could unplug the stoppage, I discovered a single plastic feminine product someone had flushed, jamming up the whole thing

so I took it and ran into the dining area, triumphantly brandishing the true cause and proclaiming my innocence. ( no not really, but I sure felt like doing that )

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I once took a dump in the bathroom of a very upscale home, on the main floor, during a big social event with a lot of people I didn't know

lo and behold, the shitter backed up & started spewing brown water etc all over the carpeted bathroom & out the door, towards the guests

after enduring all kinds of awkward embarrassment, and sheepishly helping to remove the toilet so we could unplug the stoppage, I discovered a single plastic feminine product someone had flushed, jamming up the whole thing

so I took it and ran into the dining area, triumphantly brandishing the true cause and proclaiming my innocence. ( no not really, but I sure felt like doing that )
what kind of a maniac carpets the bathroom floor?!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
not only that...it was white carpet!!

:puke

·
Premium Member
16,491 Posts
On a related subject, one of the things I notice when I travel is how badly some places stink of sewer gas.

Humans stink.

Some countries do NOT have the same quality and level of development we take for granted when it comes to treatment of and disposal of human waste.

Oh Canada you most excellent nation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts