The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a guitar tone or pedal I can use with a Harpejji (Marcodi.com). I'm starting out with a Roland KC-110 (30 watt) amp for practice. I've always been a fiddle player, all acoustic, so I know nothing about electric guitars.

The Harpejji's tone knob gives pretty good variation, somewhat into the acoustic range, otherwise sounds pretty much like an electric guitar. I'm looking for a way to get a guitar tone like the lead in Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Games' – Calvin Wilsey on Strat and Silverface Twin, with some delay and echo. Can anyone suggest an FX tone pak or some other solution that would give me that sound. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Great sound. When I play it I use a strat, compressor, an analog delay, MXR stereo chorus and amp reverb. I like it better in stereo with panning, not wet dry. I think the compression is key, don't forget that. I've heard some pretty impressive patches for axe fx that pretty much nail it, but any good multi effect could probably do that:

·
Registered
24,709 Posts
Clearly the central element is the quality of the reverb. Everything else is just a decent clean and crisp single-tone pickup sound.

The universe of reverb is as vast and expansive as that of distortion. So nailing the sort of reverberant qualities one wants or is aiming for is not always a no-brainer. Having said that, Electro-Harmonix has tried to cover a great many bases with their recently issued Oceans 11 pedal. Reasonably priced, and fairly versatile. EHX Oceans 11 Reverb

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Keeley caverns, earthquaker has something, zoom MS70 or whtever it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts