The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, originally I was against him playing guitar. That backfired.

He's still 9 and continues to learn these songs by memory, so I don't think he's going to drop it any time soon. I'm pretty awestruck by his musical abilities.

What kills me is that he loves Bryan Adams, and he just bought himself a Van Halen record to go along with his mini beatles collection.

He's my human Ditto Looper when he's not being a primadonna.

I'm just posting cause I'm proud of him. And, yes, my wife and I are nerds "Hercules! Hercules!".

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@adcandour it’s b/c you were against it that he wanted to do it. I bought my daughter a Squier Mini Strat that collected dust - - fortunately she’s taking drum lessons now & seems to enjoy it.
Yeah, I'm not gonna say 'it's weird how that happens', because that's pretty much how it happens, but we really wanted him to learn the piano first.

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
@adcandour it’s b/c you were against it that he wanted to do it. I bought my daughter a Squier Mini Strat that collected dust - - thankfully she seems to enjoy the drum lessons.
Gosh, I hope that's true...Ive got a room full of guitars, a drumset, a piano and a keyboard (and a piano teacher lives right next door to us)....and this year my daughter decides shes wants to play.......violin. fuck me, something I have zero experience with and of course have to buy, and the damn things come in sizes like shoes, which the kids rapidly outgrow.
musically, my wife has her pretty brainwashed to the Miley Cyrus type crap she constantly listens to, id love to get some rock into her repertoire.

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
That's great. It's good to see the next generation taking an interest.

My little guy likes to bang on his Squier Mini Strat, but it's still a bit too large for him to get around on comfortably. He's asked me "what are those ones with the big holes called?" because he wants an acoustic next. I have tried to get him into keyboard/piano as well. We've got time as he's only five.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts