The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a Fury. I have been keeping my eyes open for a used one for years. Have never seen one !! I have never gotten to play one either. I do like some of the designs. I have never seen them in a music store around here either.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,968 Posts
I've tried their pickups, and they were good. You'll see Fury's on Ebay once in while..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Fury 12 String

A friend of mine has a Fury 12 string electric. It's an odd body shape in emerald green. It's the best sounding electric 12 string I've ever played. Beautiful workmanship, but you would expect that from a boutique builder. I believe it set him back about $900.00, but that was a few years ago.

Jeff
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cohenj said:
A friend of mine has a Fury 12 string electric. It's an odd body shape in emerald green. It's the best sounding electric 12 string I've ever played. Beautiful workmanship, but you would expect that from a boutique builder. I believe it set him back about $900.00, but that was a few years ago.

Jeff
I wonder if he would consider parting with it? any pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I knew a guy who had some sort of Fury strat-type of guitar a few years ago. I hadn't heard of the brand until then but this guy would rave about his axe. I didn't think it was the sexiest looking guitar but, when I got to play it, my opinion changed. I also know another guy with a Fury baritone that sounds awesome. The creative possibilities seem endless with something like that. I'd like to get one when I can scrape up the cash.

Then I'd have a Canadian-trio of axes with my Godin & Lado. :p

I believe fellow-Canadian and Sony recording artist Kyle Riabko (www.kyleriabko.com) endorses Fury guitars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Fury 12 string

GuitarsCanada said:
I wonder if he would consider parting with it? any pics?
I think he might consider it, but don't expect a deal. He would probably want full pop.

You'll find a picture at <http://www.furyguitar.com/>. Click "12 String".

If you want me to put you in touch with him, send me your contact info.

Jeff
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cohenj said:
I think he might consider it, but don't expect a deal. He would probably want full pop.

You'll find a picture at <http://www.furyguitar.com/>. Click "12 String".

If you want me to put you in touch with him, send me your contact info.

Jeff
I had a look at that 12 string... I am not crazy about the design. I would prefer one of the fireball guitars. I would take the 12 but prob not at full price. I don't want to bug him on a maybe. I will keep my eyes open for one of these fireballs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,062 Posts
Fury Guitars is still alive as far as I know:

http://www.furyguitar.com/

I had a refret job done by Lado when he had his shop on Kingston Road back in 1973. Two years before I quit playing for many years to come.

One of the most respected luthiers is Heatley. His designs are really far out:

http://www.heatleyguitars.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Fury 12

GuitarsCanada said:
I had a look at that 12 string... I am not crazy about the design. I would prefer one of the fireball guitars. I would take the 12 but prob not at full price. I don't want to bug him on a maybe. I will keep my eyes open for one of these fireballs.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. Anyway, if I hear of any others, I'll let you know.

Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
118 Posts
Fury Guitars!

I had Glen McDougall build a Fireball RI for me back in 1995. The quality and playability was outstanding. Unfortunately I traded it before I really got to know it that well....it was one of those act now or forever regret it...kind of deals. I've regretted losing it ever since. Been on the lookout ever since for a used Fireball...for the last 11 years...never ever found one. I have seen a couple of used BBM's around, one at Axe Music in Calgary, for around $800. Looks like I should just order a new one.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, pretty soon that is what I am going to do. I have been waiting and waiting for one to pop up on the secondary market, but I am afraid that may never happen. Might have to break down and order one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
This is cool. I didn't even know fury was still around. Cool guitar. Very thin neck though, so you have to like that sort of thing. I fell in love with a candy apple red one at a NAMM show sometime around 99'. Almost bought it too. But, I like sleeping in my own bed and not on the coach, so I thought better of it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I contacted Fury Guitars to see where there may be some dealers to check out the guitars. They informed me that they completely eliminated all dealers a few years ago, and sell only direct through their website. That would explain some things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Just picked up on this thread... I have 3 Fury's

1968 Bandit sunburst
2001 Bandit reissue sunburst
mid 90's BBM candy apple red

I met Glenn McDougall right at the factory to get the reissue Bandit, picked up the other two from Ebay. Still hoping to get a used Fireball, but may end up buying new just to get one.

These guitars are extremely well made... yes a little thin in the neck, but I'm used to it now. As for the shape, beauty is in the eyes....

Glenn has been having a couple of health issues, hope he's all right and keeps producng.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,062 Posts
Gbassman said:
Just picked up on this thread... I have 3 Fury's

1968 Bandit sunburst
2001 Bandit reissue sunburst
mid 90's BBM candy apple red
Need to see pics !!

:Need Pics:
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top