The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing a fundraiser gig...and the only one not getting paid.
I'm paying the boys from my own pocket
I'm paying the opening act from my own pocket.

I'm getting the license for the 50/50 draw (have to have a permit in alberta)
and I'm doing the promotion online.

And who benefits?

My Wifey.
She does the one walk to conquer cancer every year.
So far she's raised over 12000.00 For The Alberta Cancer Foundation over 6 years, and multiple events
This one I'm doing all the work because it involves the band.

Anyone in Edmonton Area if you'd like to come and have a good time please do!!

Hit and Run: Classic Rock Cover Band

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I commend you, sir, and not just because the cancer connection (that is my 'cause' as well). You are making your wife happy, and rumor has it that can lead to a happy life.

Enjoy the hell out of that gig - it is your show and you should take huge pride in the success it will be!

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife for doing this. We need to get involved in more fundraisers as musicians and donate our time. I also do a few fundraisers every year and can honestly say that i enjoy them more than paid gigs. Wishing you and yours great success.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
My ex did a lot of charity fundraising for the MS Society here in Regina. She similarily raised over 10 G's through trade shows and pasta night fundraisers.

I see an old aquantince of mine on Facebook also does gigs for fundraisers. I always assumed the bands were playing for free though as its for charity. That seems to not be the case here. Are you paying them for profit or does it just end up covering their costs of showing up?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My ex did a lot of charity fundraising for the MS Society here in Regina. She similarily raised over 10 G's through trade shows and pasta night fundraisers.

I see an old aquantince of mine on Facebook also does gigs for fundraisers. I always assumed the bands were playing for free though as its for charity. That seems to not be the case here. Are you paying them for profit or does it just end up covering their costs of showing up?
just to show up.
I don't play for free, events cost money to produce.
just another expense.

nobody should play for free.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks!

y'know......you could come down, or make an online donation:)

I wasn't very specific! I meant I bookmarked the web page so I remember and am looking at my schedule. I always enjoy watching people who are passionate about guitar play (as I assume most in this forum are)- and if it's a fundraiser too then bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts