The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I've only owned it for a year but my Kemper has been the most enjoyable piece of equipment I can remember ever purchasing. I love tube amps but the simplicity and selection of amps keeps me entertained for hours on end.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,600 Posts
This National. I almost sold it, but thankfully pulled it before any regrets.
Yeah, those are keepers; only get more expensive and out of reach so don't sell unless you have to.

I was ready to buy a Revolver a few years ago but they didn't have one and now that guitar is pushin 5 with tax.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Paid $84 for this one and its the best fun & tone to dollar ratio ever. It's the cheapest I have and it gets played daily.

Musical instrument String instrument Guitar Musician String instrument accessory

I even have a naked clone that is the only guitar I play for the whole summer at the seaside cottage.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument accessory Folk instrument

I say that this little LP Special will end up 50 years from now, being sought after just like the 50's beginner LP Jr is today.

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
My Maz 8 is around ten years old or so. I use that amp the most out of all I own.

I had a PRS CE24 for around twenty years but sold it off several years ago.
I still have a guitar that I bought new in the early '80s, but don't use it much.

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory
String instrument Natural material Wood Creative arts String instrument
Musical instrument String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument Wood

This Moon mandolin would be among my "most enjoyable items of music gear for the longest duration" too. Not certain of the year but I bought it 18 or 20 years ago, a little shop worn but new. Spruce top, maple back/sides. I changed the machine heads to Schaller, replaced the adjustable bridge with a solid cocobolo/bone bridge of my own design (it's partially hollowed out from underneath to lighten it), changed the tailpiece to a Weber unit, and rounded over the body binding a bit as it dug into my flesh. It could maybe use a fret job now, but still has very fast action. I might have replaced the nut but I really don't remember now.

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
What is this called and what is it used for? Thanks.
Output device Peripheral Rectangle Table Gadget
My wild guess would be an old capo?
String would go a round the peg and then turned to tighten down on the neck?

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
948 Posts
I don't have a pic, but probably my Peavey Classic 20 combo. That circuit loves 10-inch speakers and it just sounds good no matter what guitar I put through it. I have had it since 1993 or so, and it stays.

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
In my case that would be my Ibanez Iceman
I've enjoyed all my guitars/amps/pedals & my basses & Mandobird.
But all the gear I had before my Iceman has had some time of inactivity (especially my Les Paul copy before I modded it)
But my Iceman has never fallen out of favour in any way.
Got it used many years ago.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts