The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On an indirect recommendation on a recent thread, I just picked up a 15" speaker. And its perceived size shocked me. So I took a comparative picture of 4 speakers for our collective enjoyment.

I am sure there will be a question about which is which, so ... actually, removed the names. Let's have some more fun. Take your best determination of model and where made for each:

15" ?
12" ?
10" ?
8" ?

I don't have a prize ready except bragging rights right now.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
I don't have any answers to your puzzle, but my initial thought is how that would make a really cool 412 layed out exactly as shown.

Call it The Picasso. :D

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any answers to your puzzle, but my initial thought is how that would make a really cool 412 layed out exactly as shown.

Call it The Picasso. :D
I don't have any cab building skills, but I do have a fair amount of business and marketing in me -- wanna start a side business? :p

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
I don't have any cab building skills, but I do have a fair amount of business and marketing in me -- wanna start a side business? :p
I can help with the electronics side of it (which is minimal in a speaker cab) but you don't want to let me near any power saws. My guitar playing would suck even more with only 3 fingers. LOL

Reactions: LexxM3

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No way I can identify models and origin from that pic but the 12" looks like a Celestion to me... 4 mounting holes...

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
On an indirect recommendation on a recent thread, I just picked up a 15" speaker. And its perceived size shocked me. So I took a comparative picture of 4 speakers for our collective enjoyment.

I am sure there will be a question about which is which, so ... actually, removed the names. Let's have some more fun. Take your best determination of model and where made for each:

15" ?
12" ?
10" ?
8" ?

I don't have a prize ready except bragging rights right now.
I like to think of myself as an ambassador for 15'' guitar speakers, and I only got into them by accident.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
At first glance I thought that was going to be 15,18,12,10. :(

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I can't imagine what an 18" would look like. The 15" was a shock.

Ok, looks like I need to give some hints:

15" ___________ ___________ (USA)
12" Celestion ___________ (UK)
10" ___________ ___________ (USA)
8" ___________ ___________ (China)

@gtrguy has claim to 12" as Celestion

·
Registered
676 Posts
On this theme, I recall seeing a listing, long ago, of JBL speaker models which included 15", 18", 21", and (if my memory serves correctly) a 24" model.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the lack of prizes is damping the enthusiasm, or the nice weather, or it's personal :).

Some more hints:

15" Eminence ___________ (USA)
12" Celestion ___________ (UK)
10" Eminence ___________ (USA)
8" Celestion ___________ (China)

@gtrguy has claim to 12" as Celestion

The two Celestions might be tricky (particularly the 8" -- who cares, right? 8" and MIC), but the two Eminence should really not be that hard. One was specifically discussed in context and the other is just so clearly distinct.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, alright. Time to shut this down. Here are the speakers:

15" Eminence Legend (USA)
12" Celestion V30 (UK)
10" Eminence Rajin Cajun (USA)
8" Celestion Eight 15 (China)

The Legend is the one I installed in the Traynor YBA-2B. The speaker that was there before (stock, I think) was paperweight. Legend is massive -- I think it doubled the weight of the amp, not particularly exaggerating. But it sounds fantastic, even better than before. Louder as well. Thanks @cboutilier for the recommendation (one of the ones on your list and it was ready for pickup locally for a great price brand new).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts