The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my new Fulltone GT-500 and here are my initial thoughts of it.

They are two pedals in one. The distortion side and the booster od side.

The distortion side gives you huge amounts of gain and you can also adjust the bass/mids/treble on this side.

I have a 69 Deluxe reverb and started with the reverb channel. I couldn't really coax any decent tones out of the pedal as I seemed to get that high end frizz..I then went into my Normal channel and everything changed:) I find the distortion side quite dynamic and bounce like. In comparison to my Barber Direct the GT 500 is fuller and more dynamic. I have to keep the volume on the pedal really low as the output is substantialy higher.

The OD side is similar to the fatboost even though fulltone claims it's not. You have the option by a flick of a switch to place the OD in front or after the Distortion. You can also adjust the bass and treble on the OD side. I prefer the OD going into the Distortion which gives added thickness. You don't lose a lot of the dynamic feel and the tone remains the same.

I'm not sure how this pedal records yet so this will push me to post some clips for you all to hear.

Here's a clip:

http://members.shaw.ca/sirscotch/test/GT500.wma

I set used my Deluxe Reverb with normal channel set at 2 Bass 4 Treble at 8. I just used the Distortion side of the pedal here are my settings:

Distortion 3o clock, Volume 9o Clock, Highs and Mids set at 9o clock, Bass Cranked.

I used my 58 Historic Lester and recorded with At 3035 above the amp. I used a backing blues track I found on the net.

I will post more when the baby isn't sleeping:)

Cheers

David

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I for one would be interested in hearing some clips of the GT-500. Any idea how it compares to the Distortion Pro or OCD???

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound Clip now ready.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Wow - sounds great. Unfortunately, it also sounds like you can play your ass off, so any pedal would probably sound good. Its a pity I dont have one of these pedals - then I could record some crappy playing, to allow us to compare the differences :confused:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
WOW sounds great. I hope the OCD sounds just as good. Of course, you would have to be playing it. Cause I kinda suck still - but working on it! Can't wait to hear more demos. Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. I noodle every now and then. I usually have a guitar in my hand for eight hours a day that due in part to my teaching schedule. The OCD is a little different. I find it a little tighter and maybe not as gritty as the GT500 but thats just my 2cents.

PS..Your OCD is on the waysdsre

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Excellent!! Gonna make room on my board now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts