The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a Fullltone '70 fuzz pedal. Has three knobs: Level, Mids, Fuzz. Anytime I turn the Fuzz down past 10 o'clock, it goes dead. I mean there's no more sound. Then when I turn it up, at just about 10 o'clock, it fizzles and farts and then there's sound again - great sound actually. Any idea what's up?? The pots aren't scratchy and I've tried this test with a few guitars and have had the same results.

I was going to sell this one because I got a Fulltone Ultimate Octave which has both Fuzz and Octave up. The Ultimate Octave Fuzz knob is responsive from 0 to 10. I don't want to dump this pedal on someone if there is a problem with it.

Can anyone out there share some wisdom?

Thanks in advance.:rockon:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I thought that the pot would sound scratchy if it was bad. But I guess it could just have a dead zone. Do you know of any way to check that without changing the pot??

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input. I haven't had time to play around with it too much. Might try that ohm meter test if I can figure out how my tester works. I'm also gonna try sending an email to Fulltone and see what they say. I hear good things and bad things about replies from Fulltone. I've had nothing but good luck with them so far.

:bow:

·
Premium Member
13,399 Posts
Stratin2traynor said:
Thanks for your input. I haven't had time to play around with it too much. Might try that ohm meter test if I can figure out how my tester works. I'm also gonna try sending an email to Fulltone and see what they say. I hear good things and bad things about replies from Fulltone. I've had nothing but good luck with them so far.

:bow:
I have also heard mixed opinions on Fulltone support. Delays in response being one of them.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys know of anyone who does quality pedal repairs in the Vancouver area?? I would use GoudieFX or Solid Gold FX but if I could find someone local that would be even better. I'd like to avoid shipping charges, but not in exchange for a crappy repair job.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just had a problem with one of my TTE's and Fulltone tech support walked me through a bunch of stuff to try and got it fixed. Most of the replies came late in the day and remember they are in California so they are 2-3 hours behind most of Canada.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got lucky. They replied to my first enquiry and asked more questions then when they determined that I bought it "used" a couple of years ago, their replies stopped. So much for standing behind their product. Then again, to be fair they may be trying to figure it out, who knows. I wasn't asking for a free repair job, just an idea of what it could be.

:rockon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts