The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in Fuchs Amps in Canada. Here is the email I sent:

Do you have a Canadian Dealer – Ontario area? Didn’t see one under your dealer list.

Here is the answer I received:

We're actually working on it. Hope to know within a month or so.
af

Like I said, he answers emails personally

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Robert1950 said:
For anyone interested in Fuchs Amps in Canada. Here is the email I sent:

Do you have a Canadian Dealer – Ontario area? Didn’t see one under your dealer list.

Here is the answer I received:

We're actually working on it. Hope to know within a month or so.
af

Like I said, he answers emails personally
Hmmm, I wonder who he's trying to work with?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
You don't need that much. :) You can get them used for under $2000 on ebay.

...that is enticing, but i can't imagine spending that kind of money on speculation. i'm a little mail-order shy when it comes to big ticket stuff.

not to mention, if i'm going to spend that kind of money, i want it custom made.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
david henman said:
...that is enticing, but i can't imagine spending that kind of money on speculation. i'm a little mail-order shy when it comes to big ticket stuff.

not to mention, if i'm going to spend that kind of money, i want it custom made.
I don't blame you, if you haven't tried a Fuchs before I'd suggest you do before buying. She's a completely different animal.

That said, buying amps blind isn't as bad as guitars, in most cases there is alot more consistency.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I said this before - I'm pondering a Lucky Seven.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
david henman said:
...how would you go about it? mail order direct from fuchs?
Right now, I'll wait to see the outcome of his negotiations with teh 'Canadian Dealer'.

I think you'd have to order from a U.S. dealer. I don't think Fuchs is a direct seller. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
666 Posts
david henman said:
...i would kill to have a fuchs amp. does anyone have an extra $4,000 i can borrow...indefinitely?

:thanks5qx:
When are you at the in Port Hope?? I'd like to come out and jam on the matinee, or do you mind?

CT.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey David

My offer is still open to try out my ODS30SLX head. You remember me, the guy from that store in Newmarket. Anyways I can't say enough about it. It is a revealing amp but to me it just makes you play better and it does become addicting, tone wise and feel. Lots of versatility from cleans through screaming. Come see me the next time you're in the store or give me a call

Dan

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuchs dealers in Canada

Here they are:

Long & McQuade
925 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON
CANADA M6H 1L5

Long & McQuade
3151 Arbutus Street
Vancouver, BC
CANADA V6J 3Z3

Boutique Tone
4200 boul. St. Laurent, Suite 425
QC H2W 2R2

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just go this reply from L&M:

"The Fuchs pricing should be on our data base by Monday. We should also have some inventory by next week.

Please let me know what product you're interested in and I will send you our prices next week.

Thanks for e-mailing us."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like i arrived at the right time!!!!

I work as a tech at one of the L&M stores, and since i am a gear whore, have been following the Fuchs audio thing quite closely....

Yes, L&M will carry Fuchs, but it will mostly be special order.

THe other thing, only 2 stores will ahve i t. Don't know if it can be ordered from others or not yet.

Bloor and North vancouver (i think) thats it. so if you want to try one out, they should be arriving in store this week, but those will be the only 2 locations! Couldn't even get an ODS sent to me to cover the cravings until my ODS50 mod gets in.... :)

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prices At L&m

Below are our Fuchs Audio prices: (prices below do not include taxes)

BLACKJACK21-H FUCHS AUDIO BLACKJACK 1,225.00
F212/CB FUCHS AUDIO CONVERTIBL 950.00
LUCKY7-H FUCHS AUDIO 7 WATT HEAd 930.00
ODS100H FUCHS AUDIO OVERDRIVE 3,675.00
ODS50-112 FUCHS AUDIO OVERDRIVE 3,450.00
TRAIN45-H FUCHS AUDIO TRAIN 45 2,050.00

IN CDN $$$$

Thanks for e-mailing us.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Philip Sayce did his new album with the ODS 100 and EVM12L speakers. Fantastic tone!!! Take a look at philipsayce dot com, one of my favorite this year.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today there were four Fuchs amps in L&M in downtown T.O. Lucky Seven, Black Jack 21, OD Supreme Combo and OD Supreme Head. Just in case anyone felt like trying one out. There is also one Fuchs cab.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have played Mr. Flowerday's Fuchs I must say it is the most differrent tone that you have to work with. The Fuchs is supposed to be a Dumble in reality but I don't know what a Dumble sound like in the first place. It is not like any other gian amp I have ever played..Maybe if I had the chance to
"live" with it for awhile I could get used to it:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts