The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy looking at these old pics posted in the Free press. The focus today is on Grand Band. When I came across this one I did a double take. After zooming in the best I can there's about a 70% chance that's me in lower left walking by the roof of that building.

From the Vault: July 25

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
With the glasses holding the hands of 1/2 woman?

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I always enjoy looking at these old pics posted in the Free press. The focus today is on Grand Band. When I came across this one I did a double take. After zooming in the best I can there's about a 70% chance that's me in lower left walking by the roof of that building.
You're a better-looking fellow than I thought you were... your avatar doesn't do you justice. ;)

Does Grand Bend still get that busy? Or does it just LOOK so busy because of the on-street parking?

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're a better-looking fellow than I thought you were... your avatar doesn't do you justice. ;)

Does Grand Bend still get that busy? Or does it just LOOK so busy because of the on-street parking?
No idea, we usually try to find more peaceful spots in our dotage ;) It was "the" place to be during my youth though. If that's not me then I have or had a double. The only problem is that if that is really May of '73 then that's not my wife, if it's actually '74 then it is.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
How about staging a commemorative photo of the exact location so we can do a before and after comparison! It would be interesting to see how automobile models, fashion styles, buildings and hairstyles have changed over the years! We were up there a week ago at a playhouse show but didn't walk the strip, but friends from Leamington got there early to do that pre show.

·
Premium Member
11,867 Posts
The only problem is that if that is really May of '73 then that's not my wife, if it's actually '74 then it is.
For chrisake, don't tell your wife. 40+ years later, she'll still give you shit for being with someone else. There is NO statute of limitations!

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
No idea, we usually try to find more peaceful spots in our dotage ;) It was "the" place to be during my youth though. If that's not me then I have or had a double. The only problem is that if that is really May of '73 then that's not my wife, if it's actually '74 then it is.
Where are the car buffs to confirm that it's '74 and your marriage is safe?

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
the photog mustve had an awesome drone to take that pic in sepia. whats his instagram?
:)

some cool cars in that shot though.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With the glasses holding the hands of 1/2 woman?
yep. Probably not me but the time and place are right, and it sure looks like me. When I called my wife in to look at it the first thing she said, without prompting, was "that's you".

The second thing was "when was that" ?

It went downhill from there.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
yep. Probably not me but the time and place are right, and it sure looks like me. When I called my wife in to look at it the first thing she said, without prompting, was "that's you".

The second thing was "when was that" ?

It went downhill from there.
Well at least she didn't say "That's me - but that's not you".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts