The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendation on free anti-malware/virus scan/protection, and malware removal that works?
Years ago there were some good free ones, but now they discover, but want to charge to remove.
Windows 10

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My tech told me Win 10 does it all... So I uninstalled all other security stuff.
My sons don't use any eitner : they just keep security copies and would reinstall if any problem would happen.

Reactions: J-75
P

·
0 Posts
SuperAntiSpyware Free is great. I used it last night and it found 117 trackers. The paid version does real time removal, and the free version does scans.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
If you have something bad now:
- malwarebytes
- ccleaner to get rid of stuff you don't need (programs AND browser add ons) and to speed up start up
- stop clicking on bad stuff ;-)

Yes, Win 10 will take care of things. IF you don't click on "download here", etc...

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
you pretty well have to pay if you want real malware protection the free stuff is okay for old malware but in today's stuff better to pay then get hit cause you pay now or pay a lot more later.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I’ve been running Windows defender for a couple years now no problem. I wouldn’t pay for virus software unless you happen to be visiting unsavory websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
My go to use to be Malware bytes and I might use it occasionally but I'm with the others that have mentioned Windows Defender. Seems to be pretty sufficient. I'm IT for my company and even there all I use is Windows Defender for the workstations. For our servers I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts