The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yep. Another fine product from the Stupid People Factory. He apparently has his own version of the Bible, too. When he's describing hell, he quotes Isaiah 14:9-18; " and where they exchange bitter, sarcastic recriminations with fellow Minnesotans, kith and kin". I never knew Minnesota was in the Old Testament?

Some of his family members are lawyers because no one in their right mind would ever represent him.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
I have a coworker who left the US because of hate mongering nutbars like him.

I wonder what it would be like if Rev. Fred was kidnapped and parachuted in the middle of Church and Wellesley.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is unfortunate that the political climate in the States right now allows people like this to flourish. Somehow I expect he is going to be very surprised with his lot in the after life.

C

·
0 Posts
Fred Phelps is a shining example of what religion has to offer the human race.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's one of Fred's famous "websites".

http://www.godhatescanada.com/

Doesn't surprise me. What is interesting (for lack of a better word) about these extremists (pick any religion) is that they often use quotes from the Holy books and use them out of context or twist them beyond the meaning that was intended. It is always good to be aware of these freaks so that you can protect yourself against them and their "teachings" but I honestly wonder if it is better to ignore them, while maintaining an awareness of them and the bad that they sow, than talk more about them and give them inadvertent publicity. I'm thinking more of the media-sense than in discussions here which are probably more instructive.

I guess the question is if the media ignored his protest in Minneapolis and ignored his press releases would that nullify and neuter his movement or force him into more extreme behaviour. In his case, I think it would neuter his movement. He doesn't strike me as violent as much as he strikes me as deeply disturbed.

C

·
0 Posts
"Or at least the worst it has to offer"
No... Priests raping children while the 'leaders' turn a blind eye is worse....

There's no good reason for religion

·
Registered
822 Posts
You really can't call Phelps a fundamentalist. He's not trying to convert anyone. Everyone is going to hell except him and his family. Four of his children (who are going to hell) have disowned him and say his church is just a cover/haven for his personal hate, and that he really isn't religious at all. He was a lawyer who was disbarred and flipped his lid. 60 of the 73 members of his congregation are family members.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Disturbing. I'm sure 'God' would be proud.

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
This is from Godhatescanada.com:

"Fags have a 3 point agenda: 1) decriminalize sodomy, 2) add fags to the protected classes as victims like blacks, and 3) criminalize Gospel preaching against fags. Canada's doom is now irreversible!"

Sorry, but it's the funniest thing I ever heard in my life! Did they listen to Team America? Maybe there's a mistake, maybe it's F.A.G. (Film Actors Guild)!
But seriously how people can believe a man like him?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts