The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is Frankie our 4 month old blue French bulldog. Had him for a week, love him!!

He can be such a sweetheart but then he can be a little precocious brat too. It’s so therapeutic to have a pet. Now my hubby isn’t so focused on his pain and being miserable because of it. He is actually happy for once.

Such a change for us because we had Dobermans for 25 years. Love, love the breed and they’re only as vicious as the owner makes them. Hubby now walks with a cane because of balance issues. When he was walking Frankie, puppy ran around my husband’s cane and he came close to face planting on the sidewalk. He couldn’t control a bigger dog anymore.

As soon as my husband put Frankie in my arms it has been a love story ever since. He is such a blast and so much fun to have especially after a really shitty day at work! Changes my mood immediately.

We’ve started to train him to do the basic tricks. He is such smart. He learned three tricks in one day. Sit, drop(from his mouth) a toy in your hand and shake a paw.

Nothing like having a pet to put a positive spin on life.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
He reminds me of a neighbour's dog when we were growing up. We called him big ears/little dog. He seems like the perfect pet for your family at this time. They give a lot of love.

I agree with you about Dobermans and that can be said for a lot of dogs. If the owner is mean and nasty, the dogs often are too. The Dobies I've known are big babes. I used to play with one that was on my paper route when I was a kid. Everyone else was afraid of him but he loved to play. He played rough though and sometimes I would get pretty scratched up from his paws, never his teeth.

Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
11,675 Posts
Nice looking pup. I'm glad you found each other.

Dogs have the power to make us better humans if we let them. Little in life has brought me the joy that dogs have.

Teach him some French so he doesn't grow up entirely without his culture.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Awe, too cute!

Frenchies are my favorite breed and the Blues are beauties.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Congrats on such a beautiful dog. They are such a good breed and you will enjoy him for many years i am sure. Thanks for the pics. My wife loves him too.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wanted a larger breed. I wanted to get a Goldie, Great Dane or a Dobie. I really didn’t want a lap dog. I have never had a small dog breed before.

I really love to go for long walks very late at night and always feel protected walking with my Dobermans.

Time to change and adapt.

Frankie is a character that’s for sure.

I really forget how much work puppies are but they’re so worth it. Almost like having another baby.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
I know what you mean from your husbands POV. My daughter had an Alaskan Malamute that lived to almost 15. I spent a lot of time with it. Taking it for a walk was like being pulled by a freight train. Now her family has an English Bulldog. I can go out walk this guy even with the arthritis in my knees acting up a bit.

One of the best know 'therapy' dogs was Gary the French Bulldog that belonged to the late Carrie Fisher.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I really wanted a larger breed. I wanted to get a Goldie, Great Dane or a Dobie. I really didn’t want a lap dog. I have never had a small dog breed before.

I really love to go for long walks very late at night and always feel protected walking with my Dobermans.

Time to change and adapt.

Frankie is a character that’s for sure.

I really forget how much work puppies are but they’re so worth it. Almost like having another baby.
For those that have had Great Danes, you'll remember..........they are lap dogs. They just love people. Ours always wanted to get up on the sofa with us.

Reactions: Lola and marcos

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
Adorable pupper!

I have only dealt with chihuahua poops and large dog size poops. Honestly if your dog isnt an XL breed, I dont understand the poop complaint. Feeding I get :p.

The only real "complaint" i have about getting an adult rescue is that she is already stubborn. She's not so good at the listening unless food is involved :p. The flip side is that she was already house-broken. We love her to pieces regardless.

Happy dog parenting!

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
MAXIMUM PUPPY CUTENESS!!!

the food you feed your dog is important. i got alot of good information from this site: The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?
it will help you choose the best food for the money you spend. you can see what's in it, and compare cost as well as nutrition. a proper diet goes a loooong way to making the dog stay healthy.
you know how much i loved mine, and i was able to feed both of them top quality food for about $1/day. they were never sick, or had cysts, were not over weight, and healthy coats.
also, if you haven't already thought of it, find some forums for frenchies. just like this place for guitars, they can be a valuable resource for your dog.
congratulations!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We are planning on introducing green tripe into his diet after a vet visit. It has essential vitamins and nutrients that you just don’t get from manufactured dog food.

We are currently feeding him Blue Buffalo for puppies.

There is also suggestions of giving him cod liver oil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts