The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Prices are way out to lunch in my opinion. The custom guitar market is becoming more crowded everyday. No doubt they make great guitars. I was looking at boutique builders in Canada. Came across their website. Guitars looked great. Then $6000 for a guitar. I crossed them off my list right there. They have a real small piece of the market at those prices but if some are willing to pay and they are making money, more power to them.

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
What I like using as a "value gauge" when it comes to guitars, is Fury Guitars out of Saskatoon. If Glenn McDougall could make a living hand building guitars from scratch and selling them for $1600 to $1800 each, then what makes someone else's hand built guitars worth $4000 to $6000? Name? nope, not a Gibson. Quality? fit? finish? tone? Sorry, you can't improve on perfection.

Soroking makes some mighty fine machines too btw Guitars

·
Registered
185 Posts
What I like using as a "value gauge" when it comes to guitars, is Fury Guitars out of Saskatoon. If Glenn McDougall could make a living hand building guitars from scratch and selling them for $1600 to $1800 each, then what makes someone else's hand built guitars worth $4000 to $6000? Name? nope, not a Gibson. Quality? fit? finish? tone? Sorry, you can't improve on perfection.

Soroking makes some mighty fine machines too btw Guitars
Part of that mismatch is cost of building. Commercial rent in Saskatoon is what, $10/month vs $1M/month in Toronto? Cost of materials will be another and lastly what people are willing to pay.

I'd pay $3k on a "boutique" guitar especially if I got to watch it being made and got spec the bits in it. No way in hell would I pay that for a Gibson mass produced guitar.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I could probably sell my Accord, move Saskatchewan and live like a king. Not a fair comparison.

I wish these guys all the best and hope they succeed.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Do they only make the one shape ?? I usually like odd guitars but i don't care much for the shape of theirs. Hats off to them for following what must be a dream. I hope it's a successful one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts