The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Saw him at Canmore Festival this summer - great performer! Does have a Van Morrison vibe, but apparently he is a really nice guy. ;-)
My buddy Ken and his girlfriend Erin backed him up for that. I tried to get into Vance but couldn't, my wife digs some of the songs though.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
My buddy Ken and his girlfriend Erin backed him up for that. I tried to get into Vance but couldn't, my wife digs some of the songs though.
Most of the set that I saw was solo - mostly him and a looper. The first couple of tunes, I thought it might be a tedious set, but he really grew on me. We won a copy of his CD and I quite like a few of the tunes.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
I've worked with them too. Just as nice as Foy. Much nicer than Van.
That's awesome, it's a small world but most likely it's just a tight community. I've been playing with Ken since we were in our teens and did some work on Erin's Into the Light album. These days they're a bit more pro and I see them less, sad I couldn't make it to Canmore to support them.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
@nkjanssen You should know your old Jazzmaster is all over that album, I remember using it for a few rhythm parts.

@bw66 If you are in Canmore for the festival next year, let me know, I'd like to say hi and have a pint. We usually spend a lot of time in that area but this year it just didn't work out with scheduling and the kids camps being elsewhere that week. I plan on making an effort to be around for the music next year.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
@bw66 If you are in Canmore for the festival next year, let me know, I'd like to say hi and have a pint. We usually spend a lot of time in that area but this year it just didn't work out with scheduling and the kids camps being elsewhere that week. I plan on making an effort to be around for the music next year.
I'll definitely do that. We usually get to the festival every two or three years, so next year is unlikely, but 2019 or 2020 we'll almost certainly be there. My sister has a place in Canmore, so it gives us an excuse to get out there every few years. It's a wonderful festival!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts